• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Def Leppards new album "YEAH" being streamed on vh1.com

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/def_le...71/album.jhtml

its slow loading...
    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

The whole album is a cover album. I like covers as to seeing what my fave bands do to the classics....however, if you are going to do a cover....AVOID THE OBSCURE SHIT!!! Obscure songs aren't well known because they weren't good in the fucking first place. With the exception of a couple songs on this album, all these songs pretty much blew as an original......they also blow as a cover. I am a music nut, and there were a couple of songs on here I hadn't heard....thanks Google!! Now, with great anticipation...here is the Lou Review:

" 20th Century Boy " reminds me of something they would have played on the old Scooby Doo cartoons when the gang is running from the bad guy. This is a T-Rex cover.

The remake of " Rock On " is respectable ,but, nothing that really sticks with me. Obviously, this is a David Essex cover.

"Hanging on the Telephone", not that good of a song....probably would have been better with Tracii Guns or the dude from Faster Pussycat singing it. This is an old Blondie cover.

" Waterloo Sunset ", this sounds like cheesy, melodic soft lovey-poo kissy music from 90s bands like Foo Fighters. This is actually a cover of The Kinks.

" Hellraiser"...tones are remeniscent of the bands very early days. The opening riff sounds like a chopped up version of " Kickstart my Heart " by Crue....I know this song was out befor eKickstart...but, Kickstart was a better song IMO. I am 99% sure this is a Krokus cover.

" 10538 Overture " has absolutely nothing going for it but the descending opening riff. This is an old ELO cover.

" Street Life ", is one of those songs that I couldn't get through the first 30 seconds of. The songs just sounds like a big noodling clusterfuck. This is a Roxy Music cover.

" Drive in Saturday " is a cool twist......very reminiscent of those old 50s and 60s doo-wop songs. Again, nothing very special. An old David Bowie cover.

" Little Bit of Love " is not a bad song, just not anything that grabs you by the boo-boo. This is an old Steve Earle tune I think. Correct me if I am wrong.

" The Golden Age of Rock n Roll " another song with pieces that throw back to the 50s and 60s with more edge. Probably the most memorable song on this CD. An old Mott the Hoople cover I believe.

" No Matter What " ehhh...we have all heard this one before. Probably the most radio friendly song in the album. A Badfinger Cover.

" He's gonna Step on you again " Kind of a cool song...pretty A/B stuff. This is a John Kongos cover.

" Don't Believe a Word " pretty much a throw back to the bands first couple of albums...not bad at all. This is a Thin Lizzy cover.

" Stay With Me " pretty good cover of a Rod Stewart classic. Joe hits the vocals on this one really harsh just like Rod....this is the best song on the album IMHO.
    -Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Eh looks like the Lizzy cover is the only one I'll want to try

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
          +1. I got bored of Def Leppard after Hysteria.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Actually, that's Phil doing the vocals on "stay with me'. Looks like he should take over for Joe!
            What has 9 arms and 10 legs? Def Leppard

Comment

Working...
            X