Ethics Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethics Question...

Ok, I was forced to go back to my old job and was welcomed back today. After one day on the job I might have another offer for much more money. Now, do I tell the guys who made the new offer no thanks or tell my current employer after one day "sorry, I can't work for you anymore"? There's a lot more to it, but I'm really tired and just want to get an idea of where I should go with this and if it's a good idea. I'll post more later I guess, but I just need to grab some sleep after a 10 hour day. Thanks...

A very depressed and tired Irf...

Tough choice. How stable would the new job be? Do whats best for you and your family. You have to look out for yourself. Although you probably would not be welcome back to the present employer again. Good luck

Comment

Before we go any further, how were you "forced" to return to your old job? Why did you leave in the first place?
      Just a guitar player...

Comment

I would be VERY sure about the new job before I'd bail on the employer who just took you back. You would almost surely be burning the bridge this time.
        If the new offer doesn't pan out, you could be in a cold place.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Does your current job offer advancement and some form of job security, benefits, etc.?

Sometimes just more money isn't everything.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
            Does your current job offer advancement and some form of job security, benefits, etc.?

Sometimes just more money isn't everything.
            Ummmm yeah..that's what I was thinkin'..especially the job security thing and benefits..being that you went back. That tells me you were let go or walked away once already..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well, I was forced to return because the other 3 jobs I had in the works fell through for various reasons. I left the first time because I hated the place with a passion (I left them). Since then, it's had a major overhaul in management and employees for the better, and the enviroment is better. But I did such a great job that they called me back without me applying because they needed someone. I'll find out more about the job next week in terms of stability, but there is NO advancing in this company, and it would not be a company I would be proud to be with for long, no matter how much they would pay me (and I know it still wouldn't be much for what they would have me do). The new job it more money, and a bit easier on my back. Believe me man, money dosen't mean jack to me in most cases, but my current employer started me out at way less than I was making when I left, and there's no way I'm gonna be making that again there, and the new offer is more than what I was making when I left. A bit confusing, but as much as I like the people at this job, with no room for improvement, less pay and aching pains when I come home, I don't see a reason to stay. I just feel bad because the managers are very cool with me and everyone there knows and wants me to stay.

I actually won't say anything till I talk to these new guys, but it's just the situation itself that bothers me

Comment

You have an obligation to yourself to take the new job.
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

They "needed" someone..hmmmmm for how long.

are you just a body...a back..

now that concerns me..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It's just a stock position with these guys, but their turn around rate is incredible because they don't pay people what they're worth too. I did advance the first time I was there, but their whole philosophy with management is "Keep the person below you under you, and pass off whatever work you can on them". This was told to me by 3(!) former managers that left on their own. I can't be associated with that, I don't want to be either

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
                      You have an obligation to yourself to take the new job.
                      I agree, and that's how I feel. It's just gonna suck telling my boss I gotta go after one day Even I don't think that's right

Comment

ahhh Fuggum..you can get a job like that anywhere..seems like your just a "body"..they'll use ya and throw you away..

Go with the better offer..you already know what these dicks are about.

Comment

Remember, they wouldn't hesitate to drop you in a heartbeat if it so benefited them, so don't feel guilty. But make sure you have the other job lined up before leaving. It's just business, simple as that.
                          Just a guitar player...

Comment

Yah, I'll make sure all's good and settled with the new job before making any decisions. It just sounded so bad on my part when I thought about it, I just wanted to know if I was right for even considering the other job. Thanks fellas...

Comment

You know what to do Irf..

you got to take care of number one man..YOU!

Comment

Working...
                              X