Any Rory Gallagher fans out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Rory Gallagher fans out there?

I have to listen to "A Million Miles Away" at least once a day or I feel withdrawl symptoms. His articulation and attack were phenomonal to me at least. I loved the gritty texture of his voice and though I never saw him play, heard that live he was unequalled.

Chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

I've read about him, heard people rave about him, know about his Fender Signature model, but sadly that's about it. I've been meaning to go to CD Warehouse and load up on his catalog. Any suggestions?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I got one of his cds last year called "BBC Sessions". It's a two-disc set, one is In Concert, the other is Studio. It's very cool. I need to pick more of his work up.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A friend of mine is a massive fan of Rory - I've borrowed a fair bit of his stuff, and my recomendation is to get his live recordings....
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Chasbo, i'm a big fan. I don't have much material of his - i'm just a big fan anyway. My records have been packed away for 3-4 years now, but i think Jinx, Photo Finish and Stage Struck is in my cases somewhere.

Never seen him live, got the DVD they put out recently.

Flashback:
          When i started playing guitar (around 17i think), Rory Gallagher was one of the first i listened to, and i tried duplicating his live tone by running my 1st guitar, a Hägström Les Paul, through an old tube radio with speakers inside it. By turning the volume up too high, overloading the speaker itself i got his tone! I was in heaven! It lasted 5 minutes then the speaker blew. I found another one in my dad's cellar and hooked it up. 5 more minutes in heaven! My dad eventually stopped that show.

Man, Rory showed us that it takes only 3 guys on stage to knock the house down. No one sounded like him, no one sounds like him.

Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

HUGE FAN!!
            just got a dvd off the bay delivered yesterday and looking forward to watching it at work today
            http://www.shadowplays.com/
            is a great site for ...lots o stuff Rory related
            “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

If you want to sample Rory you need his live stuff. He really came alive on stage. Just a crazy great player that almost no one listens to.

chuck
              "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo
                If you want to sample Rory you need his live stuff. He really came alive on stage. Just a crazy great player that almost no one listens to.

chuck
                new dvd has pistoia 1994 and italy 7-5-86 ... \awsome !!! best 15 bucks i spent in a while
                \\stuff ...shadowplays.com has a few live performances as well (audio only)
                “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Working...
                X