No announcement yet.

Just got the grim word this morning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the grim word this morning...

That layoffs are this week. Numbers were announced this morning, 65 people from our local are getting hit. While Im not directly affected by this number, Im now 6 from the bottom, and will be bumped by a higher seinority worker by then end of this week.

Alot of people are upset and the mood is VERY grim here... but Im not. Getting upset wont do ANY good, and there NOTHING anyone can do about it, so the only thing left to do is look at the bright side of it. I feel really bad for all the older people who are losing their jobs, its definatley gonna be hard for them... Im young, I can do anything I want, but some others arent so fortunate.

The bright side, Ill have the summer off, Ill work with my stepdad a few days a week, while figuring out what I want to do with my life. Thinking of starting a business, would be the best way to go for me I think... now I just need to figure out what exactly I want to do.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Well, my company has been going down in flames pretty much the 4 years I've been here. Layoffs every October since 2002.

I used to get upset because no one gives a damn, but you have the right attitude, if your gonna die, die with your boots on LOL!

I wish I was younger and didn't have the responsibilities of family and such, but I'm a quick learner and haven't been unemployed yet (knock on wood).

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
      if your gonna die, die with your boots on LOL!
      Hell yeah man!

As far as responsibilities go, I dont have kids or a wife, but I do have a mortgage to pay along with debts that Im paying off... and Ill do what ever I have to do to pay 'em off!
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Good luck man. My sister got laid off for the 2nd time from her company 2 days ago. This might be a good time to explore other options too, but either way good luck to ya!

Comment

Where do you work, Rob?

Uh, better brush up on them there spelling skills for your resume!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Good luck to you, Rob. I've been a similar situation - getting a 60-day layoff notice (the wonderful WARN Act) while my wife is looking at surgery and two relatives have just been diagnosed with cancer. But you've got the right attitude - keep looking forward and work towards your goal.

Best of luck to you.
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              Where do you work, Rob?

Lockheed Martin

Im definatley gonna have to brush up on my speeling skills, dont wanna loose out on a job because of gramatikal errors!

Comment

Bastard...

Comment

Comment

Two years ago the company I had worked at for eleven years went under then on good friday (ironic). The company I have worked at the two years since closed the doors with one weeks notice.So I have been throwing my resume at anyone close enough to catch it

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                      Where do you work, Rob?

Guys that have time to spell check every thread on this Forum probably dont have a job :ROTF:

Comment

I think Toejam has a job!

Comment

Wow, you guys have jobs? Must be nice...

Comment

Sucks, I have been there. Actually, I still haven't recovered from losing my job in March of 03. Sometimes it's hard to find a job that will pay you what you were making before. Hopefully, it turns out for the best for you.
                            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
                            X