Computer help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer help...

Ok this is starting to really bother me...whenever I try to go on to a secure site like the checkout page on some online store or even my hotmail account, I get the "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error. I tried deleting my temp files, history, cookies, etc... and nothing works. Any ideas?

If your not already using firefox make the switch and report back if the problem persists. Are you running a firewall? If so, maybe your firewall settings maybe alittle tight. Broadband or dialup modem? Could be a number of things really. Keep your software like ad-aware, spybot and your antivirus programs up to date and run them regulary to check and keep PC clean and running fine.
    Last edited by Soap; 05-06-2006, 12:13 AM.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Your security/pivacy settings are too high. They are doing exactly what they are supposed to do.

Go to Tools-Internet Options

Under Privacy you should be at Medium. Let me know if that helps. If not there are some more elaborate ones to check.

Matt

Comment

Yea privacy settings are on medium and whatever firewall I might have would be from the router, but I don't know why since I haven't changed any settings on anything.

Comment

Look and see if those sites are listed in your hosts files... If so, delete them and resave the file. Openthat file in notepad.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Comment

Problem solved...thanks everyone.

Comment

Whats was it?
              What did you do?
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I unplugged my router for a minute and reconnected it...that seemed to work for a while, then my entire IE/Firefox stopped working. I knew my internet wasn't dead cause AIM still worked, but then I turned off Avast! antivirus and that made everything ok. I still don't know why the antivirus blocked IE/Firefox though.

Comment

Working...
                X