Unread posts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unread posts....

With this new software if I login and check a couple threads, then exit, my browser changes all posts in all forums to read and removes the "new post V button" from all threads up to that point. I wish I always had time to review every area of interest in one sitting, but sometimes I only get a minute or two to drop in. Then when I return at a later time to check other areas, everything is marked as read up to the point I last exited. If I remember correctly, the old software didn't do this. I believe it left all new posts as unread until you actually opened the thread. Is there a way around this in a User CP setting or something?

you are correct, the old software didn't do this. Although it did when we first started using it.

I have found myself in the habit of noting what time I last posted when I enter the forum and just looking for all posts after that time. I wish it worked liked the old software did though.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Hmmm... The old software always did that to me? I guess I just got used to it.

Comment

Also, I am unable to "copy and paste". Sometimes I'll compose in MS word,
        highlite it, Click "copy", come to here, Right click, and there is nothing to click on that says "Paste".???

Comment

Originally posted by finnman
          Also, I am unable to "copy and paste". Sometimes I'll compose in MS word,
          highlite it, Click "copy", come to here, Right click, and there is nothing to click on that says "Paste".???
          Just use CTRL+V
          It works.
          -Rick

Comment

every time I'm on for just a few minutes and put it down on my toolbar when I come back I have to log back on again. Is this happening to every one else. I like to check the forum at work when time permits and my supervisor isn't hovering over my shoulder. This makes it a tad more difficult!!!

Comment

Not a problem here.
              I have JCF up most of the day while I'm working. I just leave it in the background.
              Do you have the "Remeber me" box checked when you log in?
              If not, your session cookie will timeout after about 10 or 15 minutes.
              -Rick

Comment

Ah cookies so that's the secret eh.
                Johnstone thanx, I see you're in phoenix too, we'll have to get together someday. There used to be a group of forum members that would get together here locally and BBQ,Jam and of course throw down a few cold ones about this time of year.........hint,hint

Comment

Hmmm... let me see
                  BBQ...
                  Beer...
                  Jamming...
                  sounds like a plan!! !
                  We must talk later and seek out others to join in said event.
                  -Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X