Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble

I really like these guys. I remember hearing them years ago for the first time, and I sorta forgot about them. I have been listening to their self-titled CD, and it's damn good. I wish their stuff was easier to get though. They are very Sabbathy, and sometimes I think that Black Label Society sound very similar too. Anyone fans?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

I went with few buddies of mine to see them in 88 or 89, can't remember, and they rocked.

Matt

Comment

I saw them open for Savatage around '89 or '90. They were cool, and I met the drummer. Never got any of their albums, though. I should probably rediscover them and pick up some cds.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Run to the light was a great friggin album. Damn, i forgot all about those dudes. Thanks Zeegs, I gotta go check out ebay
        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I was BIG into these guys in high school!

The Skull was my favorite album and probably their heaviest.
          Who wouldda thunk they paved the way for Christian metal, which only got heavier and heavier!!??

I had all the CD's (had the Skull and Run To The Light on vinyl as well)...but gone now. Have to look them up!

*edit*
          From their website...seems they are working on a brand new album
          As of the 9th of March

How ya doin'
          We are almost finished with the new record. Just a few odds and ends
          need to be cleared up and off to mastering towards the end of March. It
          looks like a June release, that's if the weather is nice. Also, the
          Trouble Live in Stockholm DVD will be released on March 26, 2006.
          We finally reached an agreement to release "Psalm 9" and "The Skull";
          they are going to be re-mastered. We are also in the process of digging
          up some cool bonus material that nobody has seen or heard before; these
          will come out later this year.

While we were looking for stuff we came across the dat for "One for the
          Road" and there was an extra song that we forgot about. It's a
          different version of "Here the Earth" - check it out in the mp3 section.

See you soon!
          Trouble
          Last edited by FirebirdZ; 05-04-2006, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I'm an old school fan; I like the early albums better

http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/trou.htm
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I don't care for white metal in general, but Trouble kicks some ass! I remember hearing them for the first time off a Metal Massacre vinyl back in the ol' 80's. I think the song was called "The Day of Judgement" (???). My GF is into them big-time as well, so I get to hear them a lot.

Comment

yeah I'm not into "christian" metal really, but I do like their slow dirge-like song structure.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
                  yeah I'm not into "christian" metal really, but I do like their slow dirge-like song structure.
                  The thing is, even though many of their songs are themed that way, apparently they never aligned themselves with being a "christian rock band". I don't know how true that is, I read it somewhere. They did refer to themselves as "white metal" though.

Either way, great band, and it's no wonder that C.O.C are big fans.

Comment

Man, saw them live here last year at the Brave Words Bloody Knuckles shows, and they were brutally kick ass. The guitars had astounding tone and they were using old Marshalls.

Death Angel stole that show, but the year before Trouble owned it. Very good band.

Never thought of them as Christian Metal really, but they did seem sorta "positive" somehow.

The somewhat recent "Plastic Greenhead" was a solid release from them with some great guitar tones.

Comment

Here's Trouble playing Plastic Green Head live.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j_e80qiEhjw&search=trouble

Comment

Working...
                      X