Tales from San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from San Diego

Well, the wife and I are in San Diego visiting my brother and his wife. We flew in yesterday morning. And the first thing we did was get a burrito. I got off the plane and sid "I have a yearning for a burrito." So I got a Diablo Shrimp burrito at El Patron. The devil shrimp wasn't too bad, but I added a little more hot sauce to taste.

After that, it was off to Carvin. I went in there and told the guy I wanted to play a DC127, DC727, California Carved Top, Legacy and V3. I ended up playing a 127, 747, CT, Contour 66, Legacy, V3, Legacy combo and the Frank Gambale Tone Navigator/Carvin Power amp set-up. I was most impressed with the Tone Navigaor and power amp and was playing the Contour 66 at the time. Let me first say this, while the Legacy and V3 amps were nice. But I will not be selling off my 5150 to get one. They just didn't give me that yearning in my pants. The guitars were nice enough, but I can't see myself forsaking my Charvels and Hamers for one. Don't get me wrong, they were high quality guitars, but they also didn't make my pants yearn. I will tell you this, though. I am seriously thinking about looking into the Tone Navigator/power amp set up. That thing was remarkably sweet. It sounded great at low volumes as well. I didn't get a chance to go through everything it had to offer, as my wife and brother got tired of waiting for me. But, I'll see if I can get back in there sometime in the next couple of days.

Plus, I will also be dragged to either or both Seaworld and the Zoo. More on that later.

Hopefully with a lot less mentioning of your pants!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Head down to Mission Beach, and right across the street from the roller coaster is a little taco shop...Roberto's I think. They have good tacos, try one.

I don't know if it will make you yearn in your pants, but... :ROTF:

Comment

Go to Tijuana and get some real food.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

There was a cool Mex cantina in Old Town with freshly made tortillas by these old Mexican women right when you came in a little kitchen.
          OMG!! the best mExican food I've ever had. Tasty and fresh.
          Oh forgot!! cold Tecate and Negra Modelos to wash it all down.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

The Zoo is a daytrip and hilly as hell to walk. Just do a whole day in Balboa Park. Air Museum and all kinds of neat stuff. I used to live there. (And not at the Zoo:ROTF: )

Comment

I used to go down there for golf weekends, we'd get rooms at Carlton Oaks Country Club in Santee,(just a little ways inland and real resonable, great golf course), and usually play Torre Pines also, I always took a cab or drove to the border then got a mexican cab into TJ, no problems that way with Mexican insurance and crazy drivers
              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Stay out of T.J., I mean it.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

San Diego Sea World is great!!

Comment

Well, we're going to end up going to a wild animal park thing instead of the zoo. This way, instead of being behind glass, we might actually get hit with airborn monkey feces. We will be hitting old town as wel.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, tonight:Satriani with Eric Johnson opening.

Comment

Wild Animal Park is cool, you camp out there if you want

http://www.sandiegozoo.com/

I love the TV commercials, the ones with the zebra taunting the lion....anybody seen these?
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

All right, Eric johnson was cool. He was a little low in the mix. The bass really overpowered him. His tone, well, he's Eric fucking Johnson, his tone was there. That's all I have to say about that.

Satriani is the man, though. I have to say that he probably has the best live tone of anyone I've seen. His playing was dead on, as expected of someone of his caliber. For the first half of the st, he was also a little low in the mix. They seemed to fix that for the last half od the show. He stood out a little more towards the end. He played a good mix of old and new. I think I counted about 4 or so songs off his new album. He closed with Summer Song, opened with Flying in a Blue Dream, and had some good old stuff mixed in. Dave LaRue on bass and Jeff Campitelli on drums, plus the rhythm guitarist I can't think of for the life of me. Top notch concert for sure. For an outdoor venue, the volume was pretty good. It was loud enough that I could feel the bass in my gut, but not so loud that my ears were ringing afterwords.

After the show, we walked to Fred's and I got a lobster burrito, a Negro Modelo and a Cabo Wabo Reposado. Except for being dragged to some shitty ass club for an hour where I had a watered down Black Russian, it was a very good night.

Comment

I'm tellin'ya, the Zoo is way cool. You should try and make it. There may be a package deal.

Comment

Yeah, we spent a few hours at the wild animal park. We got some cool pics of wild animal genitalia.

Comment

Working...
                            X