Surgery on Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery on Tuesday

I've opted to get the surgery to get my Labrum repaired. The Dr. said that it's a relatively simple procedure, and I'll be back to work in 2-4 months.

Therapy for 10 weeks, starting 3 days after surgery. Sling for 3 weeks. Guitar in 3 weeks. No lifting anything heavy with the right arm for 8+ weeks. No over head movements, and a bunch of shit like that.

I plan on going to the bank in the next day or two, to take out a loan to live off of. I'm glad I'm fortunate enough to have health insurance, and good credit. Someone without insurance, or credit to live off of would be in a real pickle.

I'm really worried about my return to work and all of that shit, but what can you do? The Dr. said it's better to get it now, rather than have it dislocate again and have to be done down the line. Each dislocation causing more damage, yada yada yada. He said I get this fixed, they make the larbum a little bit tighter, and I'm back to 100% in a few months. The only movement I'll lose is, with my elbow at my side, like wiping my forearm away from my body. He said I may only get 80% of that back. then again, he's has some people who've come back with 110% of that movement.

Glad you got it sorted and best of luck with the op and recovery. I would take it easy after the op and follow the advise given. When returning to work, take it easy too, but for me that would be the hardest part. Maybe for you too? You know, coming back to the colleagues and trying to prove yourself.

Best of luck man.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Good luck, Den
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good luck bro.

Comment

Best of luck Deneb, you're doing the right thing.

At the risk of sounding paranoid, maybe tell them the loan is just for personal use. You never know, their policies might force them to turn you down if they know you're gonna be out of work for 2-4 months.

I may be overthinking it, but I'd hate to see you get in a bind because of some dumbass bank loan department policy. Anyway, take it easy and do what the docs tell you!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

you'll be fine Deneb..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Good luck man, both with the surgery and the $$$!
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Good luck man

Comment

Working...
                  X