Need a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little help

Ok, I've been job hunting again, and sending out my resume online. I found a lot of stuff on Craigslist, all having to do with shipping, (I know it, it's easy, I work alone which I like) but I got this e-mail back and I don't know if it's legit. It sounds kinda suspicious and I'm not sure if I should even contact these people again. I did a quick search on Google and found a few links about the company, but assuming it's the same company I found, this place is a software developer and dosen't sound like it has anything to do with what they e-mailed me. I'll post the e-mail, but let me know what you think or how I can find out more about them.

Dear Irfaan Edoo

My name is Scott McGoey. I'm Senior Shipping Manager of Peace-Data Inc. We have reviewed your resume and are interested in exploring your potentials within our team.

Please look through the following information. This is what our Shipping manager must do:

1. Receive the correspondence from our company to his/her residential address. Delivery will be made by couriers Fedex, UPS, DHL.
    2. Report to manager
    3. Repack received items following the instructions manager will send to you.
    4. Receive to means e-mail from us paid label USPS which is print and pasted on a box and concerns on mail where is sending.

The goods is delivered to your address but names of our customers, in advance we warn when has come the goods and on what name.

Goods descriptions:

- Consumer electronics of different kind (DVD players, home theatres, audio players, video equipment, audio equipment etc.);
    - Sport equipment;
    - Luxuries;
    - Home computers and computer components for desktop systems, notebooks, PDAs;
    - Office equipment;
    - Mobile equipment (cellular phones, pagers, GPSs etc.);
    - Car parts (small car parts);
    - Clothes;

We don’t operate with goods contain the materials and technologies restricted for export/import.

Countries our company works with:

United States
    Australia
    New Zeland
    United Kingdom
    Russia
    Canada

The sum of your earnings will depend only on orders made by our clients, on the
    average not less than 10-15 boxes in a week.

Salary
    On average you will be making $1,500-3,000 per month. We send you of money in the way convenient to you (Western Union, Money Transfer to bank account or E-Gold) the sum makes 30-100$ for each box depending on weight.

Please check up the data of your personal information and confirm please, that you have received this message and you ready introduce all main information to us for start work with our company faster.

PERSONAL INFORMATION:
    First name:
    Last name:
    Date of birth:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Postal zip code:
    Phone #:
    Cell phone#:
    Fax#:
    E-mail:

=================FAQ=====================

1. Where is Peace-Data Company located?
    Our main office is situated in Germany. We also have about 20 representatives all over Europe. But in the nearest future we are planning to open a number of offices in USA, that's why we are looking for reresentatives in USA.

2. Why can't you just send or receive the items yourself w/o a middle man?
    The problem is that we have concluded an agreement with our partners from your contry to work only on the territory of USA. But unfortunately we don't have our offices there yet. So we have to find representatives in USA immediately, that's why we are ready to pay a good salary.

3. What kind of income can I realize with this business?
    At the end of each month Shipping Manager receive $1,500-3,000.

4. I was wondering what exactly do I do?
    You are to receive items from us and forward it to our representatives in other countries.

5. When will I receive items from Peace-Data Company?
    Peace-Data Company pays salary at the end of each month of working.

6. Do you require any upfront costs?
    Never. This is a REAL job, and it's highly unusual to charge employees for taking the job. There will be no costs from your side.

7. Do I have to be citizen of the US?
    Currently we accept applicants from USA only.

8. How can I communicate with you during the items?
    You should contact us by email. We will deal with all inquiries as soon as possible. Otherwise we will contact you by phone.

Yours sincerely,

Thank you.
    Scott McGoey,
    Senior Shipping manager,
    Peace-Data Inc.

There's no phone number listed in which to contact them, but it just sounds wierd. What do ya think?

- Irf -

Stay away!!! Run away!!! and don't reply. It sounds like a big ripoff. The next thing they will require is you putting up money. They can't even speak English!!!!!!! I'm amazed they didn't ask for your SS number.
    Last edited by fett; 05-03-2006, 06:59 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Yep, RUN!!! This is a scam. They are ripping people off, I don't remember all the specifics, but it's a scam.

Comment

I figured. I deleted the e-mail, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks all!

Comment

It's part of a SCAM Yes, I have heard of this...they are looking for re-shippers....shipping scammed goods around....I'll look for a link...

EDIT: Found it! It's in the Consumer Guide link I always post on similar threads

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/fraud.htm

Everybody, I repeat EVERYBODY who is doing any business online should read that ENTIRE page and save it in Favorites...it is updated regularly with the lastest scams.

OK, middle of the above page
          How the fake escrow scammers do it, The Big 5 Scam Puzzle:

#4) Get a gullible patsy's checking account for the scammers to receive money from victims: This is a scary shocker. The checking account owner is an innocent job seeker using Monster, or CareerBuilder. They answer a bogus job posting on careerBuilder telling them they are perfect for a "National Accounts Manager" job for some European company "selling electronics", and now they want to enter the U.S. market. The naive job seeker is duped into using their bank account or PayPal account for what they think is a legitimate company seeking a reliable U.S. citizen to setup a U.S. presence to wire proceeds from "large equipment sales to the company headquarters” overseas, usually in Latvia, Estonia, Romania, or Cyprus. The patsy is told to keep 8% of the transfer as his commission. These foolish middleman patsies are the core of the whole scam, and have no idea they are illegally laundering money overseas which was stolen from escrow fraud victims. For still other job seekers, they are duped into becoming postal forwarding patsies to receive cameras, computers, cell phones, and jewelry from seller victims on eBay. The sellers think they are selling their item to a "buyer", but they end up sending it to the moron patsy who, thinking he is getting paid to do a legitimate job, forwards the packages usually to Austria, Romania, or Russia.

Hey Stupid! Don't you think it's suspicious that a stranger you've never met wants to use YOUR account to wire money to Russia, and you're getting 8% for sales that you never made? Why would some large foreign company trust little old you with all their money? Why can't they setup their own bank account? Are you really that gullible? Give me a break! If this happens to you, just start singing, I'm not fool no siree!

Last edited by RacerX; 05-03-2006, 10:12 PM.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

1. Find abandoned house
            2. Become USA rep for Peace-Data Inc
            3. Accept packages for a week.
            4. Keep em.
            5. PROFIT!!!
            Just a guitar player...

Comment

Then end up being shipped to swim with the fishes.

Comment

Our main office is situated in Germany.

never heared of em. i smell SCAM

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
                  Our main office is situated in Germany.

never heared of em. i smell SCAM
                  Bumfuk, Egypt or, more likely, Southeast Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by Fett
                    Bumfuk, Egypt or, more likely, Southeast Asia.
                    well, i sure can see your point

Comment

I thought it was a scam at first, but it made no sense to me, and I wondered, "well, where the hell is the scam?" in this. No matter, got 2 more interviews lined up for tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                        It's part of a SCAM Yes, I have heard of this...they are looking for re-shippers....shipping scammed goods around....I'll look for a link...

EDIT: Found it! It's in the Consumer Guide link I always post on similar threads

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/fraud.htm

Everybody, I repeat EVERYBODY who is doing any business online should read that ENTIRE page and save it in Favorites...it is updated regularly with the lastest scams.

OK, middle of the above page
                        How the fake escrow scammers do it, The Big 5 Scam Puzzle:

#4) Get a gullible patsy's checking account for the scammers to receive money from victims: This is a scary shocker. The checking account owner is an innocent job seeker using Monster, or CareerBuilder. They answer a bogus job posting on careerBuilder telling them they are perfect for a "National Accounts Manager" job for some European company "selling electronics", and now they want to enter the U.S. market. The naive job seeker is duped into using their bank account or PayPal account for what they think is a legitimate company seeking a reliable U.S. citizen to setup a U.S. presence to wire proceeds from "large equipment sales to the company headquarters” overseas, usually in Latvia, Estonia, Romania, or Cyprus. The patsy is told to keep 8% of the transfer as his commission. These foolish middleman patsies are the core of the whole scam, and have no idea they are illegally laundering money overseas which was stolen from escrow fraud victims. For still other job seekers, they are duped into becoming postal forwarding patsies to receive cameras, computers, cell phones, and jewelry from seller victims on eBay. The sellers think they are selling their item to a "buyer", but they end up sending it to the moron patsy who, thinking he is getting paid to do a legitimate job, forwards the packages usually to Austria, Romania, or Russia.

Hey Stupid! Don't you think it's suspicious that a stranger you've never met wants to use YOUR account to wire money to Russia, and you're getting 8% for sales that you never made? Why would some large foreign company trust little old you with all their money? Why can't they setup their own bank account? Are you really that gullible? Give me a break! If this happens to you, just start singing, I'm not fool no siree!

BTW, thanks for this!

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
                          I thought it was a scam at first, but it made no sense to me, and I wondered, "well, where the hell is the scam?" in this. No matter, got 2 more interviews lined up for tomorrow
                          The scam is that they are using your address to move illegal merchandise - whether it is hot, or they are scamming other people by taking their money and not delivering any goods. When the $h!t hits the fan, you are responsible because it was your address used for running the scam.

Comment

Working...
                          X