Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vertically challenged members of JCF - where do you get your straps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertically challenged members of JCF - where do you get your straps?

seriously

my straps are fine on some guitars, but on other guitars they are just too damn long.

On my kelly it feels right, but other guitars hang down too low for my liking.

I am 5'7'' and I prefer my guitars hiked up pretty high.

anyone know of any straps that can shorten up quite a bit?

Anyone know about dimarzio straps? I think John Petrucci uses them, and he usually has his guitar under his arm pits.

thanks in advance for any replies

How short are you that you run out of adjustment on the straps? I'm 5-5, and I have plenty of adjustment left in my straps.
    Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury
      How short are you that you run out of adjustment on the straps? I'm 5-5, and I have plenty of adjustment left in my straps.
      5'7''

what kind of strap do you have?

Comment

I am about 5' 6" and I use Levy's straps and I can adjust them to get my guitars up high enough to rest my chin on them when playing standing up

Comment

I use the seat belt material kind. It has the same adjustment method as a seat belt. But truthfully I wish Carvin still made those foam padded straps. That was the most comfortable strap I've used.
          Just a guitar player...

Comment

how do those dimarzio cliplock straps work?

do you have to pull out your strap button to install it?

Comment

I'm 5'8" and I have never had a problem with strap length.

Comment

Buy a leather strap and an awl, and punch extra holes in the leather to meet your adjustment range.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hmmm...interesting. I am 5' 5" and have no problems with my straps. I have one Levy's leather and another Dunlop nylon. They both fit my height just fine and I don't wear my guitar to my ankles. I have mine positioned just about my waistline.

Comment

Working...
                  X