Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone live in Colorado?

Hey guys!

The Keith and I are thinking of moving out to Colorado (Boulder area) instead of the northeast so we can be a tad closer to our families in CA.
    We're taking a trip out there to check out Boulder and Colorado Springs and look around a bit.
    We are still very unsure about this as we have never lived in Colorado, so I was just kind of curious about the area and wondered what y'all can tell me? I already know that its expensive living, but don't really know what to compare it to. I'm from San Francisco, so if its anything like that.. then yeah. I have a real good idea.

Thanks!
    -Em

don't move to colorado springs unless you REALLY love jebus.

other than that, i have friends that live in boulder and love it dearly.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I used to live in Pueblo. About a half hour south on I-25 from Colorado springs.

Springs is a cool town.

Fort Collins is my favorite spot.
      Boulder is to expensive for what if offers.

I'de really reccomend checking out fort collins- coolest city outisde of denver, and only a half hour from Denver.

Comment

Hmmm... okay! Thanks!
        I've heard of Ft. Collins, we'll check it out for sure.
        Sully... I hear you loud and clear, I think you know how I feel about that.

If CO is dusty and dry, then that is not going to work for us at all. We already live in that kind of climate and we're suffering big time.
        Our concerns mainly lie in the people, the air quality, cost of living of course, taxes, government...
        We love the idea of Boulder but we're hearing the same thing from everyone, expensive.
        Looking at Colorado Springs and from what my brother and sister-in-law tell me, it's a cool place but on the dusty/dry side. Meh.
        We'll see.

Comment

I spend a couple months a year in Colorado and Wyoming, I have some friends and family in the Denver area, as well as Fort Collins, I lived in Fort Collins for a while, I liked it but I was like 20 years at the time and Ft, Collins is a College town, real nice downtown area, as far neat little restaurants and bars,
          Boulder is pretty wacked out politically, Someone is always coming with some restriction on the general population,
          Denver is just another big city,
          My Bro just bought a great house in Castle Rock, just south of Denver, thats a neat area,
          The Colorado locals have some anomosity towards Californians and Texans, moving there, especially Texans, Most of them are from somewhere else but they tend to forget that, Housing is actually getting cheaper in some areas such as Ft.Collins $ 400,000 will get you a nice big house in a good area , Denver its hard to find anything under 600,000 and Boulder is quite
          expensive,
          Its been so dry the last 5 years everything is pretty dusty.
          Last edited by FusionFarmer; 04-29-2006, 02:14 PM.
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

When I was looking to move to Colorado I choose Colordo Springs. Boulder was waay to pricey. It was full of either hippies or snobs. Colorado Springs was the most laid back o fhte places I looked. Castle Rock would be cool too but the prices are going up fast in that area.

Comment

Thank you for your replies, guys, Keith and I REALLY appreciate them!
              Hippies and snobs... PERFECT! We would feel right at home, seriously. We can't take anymore hicks, "messicans", rednecks, God Clubs... no offense anyone.
              We like all kinds of folks, but we are total snobs about everything from coffee to food to where we will live. We've just lived in waaaay too many dives so now that we actually get a choice we are being very picky.
              Anywho... the dry and dusty climate is a HUGE turn off for us, I wasn't expecting that. Now we are totally re-thinking even going out there to look around, even if it is beautiful we just can't take anymore dust. Rain is another factor, it NEEDS to rain quite a bit.
              We want something that is like the northwest coast, but we don't want to live out there. We love the northeast coast but its so far away from family... we're used to that though, we haven't lived near any family in a decade. We'll see.
              Thanks for the info, guys. Really... it's much appreciated.
              Perhaps we'll just go back to the northeast like we planned.
              Kev said we could move in with them.

Comment

Oh... and the sun. We need to be somewhere where the sun don't shine so much. We've had PLENTY.
                LMAO!

Comment

Ever considered the Southeast? I don't mean here, this place will suck for years just rebuilding from Katrina, but if you like hippies and artists, Asheville, North Carolina is such a place. It's tucked up in the southern Appalachian Mountains so summers are milder and winters are wintery without being a nonstop blizzard 6 months of the year! I don't have a link but they must have an online website spiely thing.

I remember an article in the L.A. Times several years back wherein a homeless artist was running for mayor of Asheville. I have no idea if he won, but it sounded like he had a credible campaign going and people were treating him as a credible candidate, and with respect. Sounded like a cool place based on that. Being homelsee didn't rob him of his humanity and people were at least listening to his talking points, not dismissing him.
                  Plenty of rain, and Nashville and Charlotte are just a few hours away, good hub cities with decent airfares for when you want to visit the families.

Birmingham, Alabama is really a nice place too. In the beginning foothills of tha Appalachian chain, lots of rain. The city itself is urban blight, but the suburbs are new and clean. Hoover and Pelham are 2 of the nicer suburbs.
                  And hey, they gave you Taylor Hicks! Decent airfares to major points, Atlanta only 2 hours away for those Devane concerts! I'm sort of biased, my sis lives there and I've spent some time there post-Katrina, but it's a nice area. Traffic can be a bitch though, not enough freeways.

The Northeast would be great too though, maybe pick a small town within an hour's drive of a hub city that has cheap airfare to the West Coast.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

You do have a point, Rich, and I appreciate your rockin' suggestions!
                    There are quite a few states that I have found most lovely, particularly North Carolina and Georgia. However, we have had quite enough of ALL of the states south of the Mason-Dixon line, mostly for religious reasons.
                    *sigh*

Comment

Well, it IS the Bible Belt, but cities are pretty much cities, not like living in a small town. You do your own thing and nobody really knows you. But I can totally understand not wanting to be in the envorinment. But remember, it was those New Englanders who burned witches, not Carolinians! I guess it's not like that up there any more though...
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Lived in Larmie Wy, Grand Junction Rocks
                        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by Emthrax
                          had quite enough of ALL of the states south of the Mason-Dixon line, mostly for religious reasons.
                          *sigh*
                          aint that the damned truth....
                          MOSH ON
                          DAVE
                          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                          X