Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stressed Out!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don"t know what to do

I'm trying to get my jeep done here by Saturday, I've had 7 days into doing the clutch and suspenssion and it"ts just not going like it should, I have no one to help me either so Right now I did the box and all, the cltch and I',m just having problems geting everything bolted back up

I promised my Mom I'd have her Vette Done by her B day which is May 9th, I have to replace the Original suspension with a Full Jim Meyers kit

My B Days in 2 weeks and I wanted my Quad done by that time and THERE"s NO WAY that'll be done

I don"t have time to go out and find a girl to spend my B Day with

I spend 9 hpurs at work come home and spend 4 hours on all this shit I commeted my self to and nothing is going like it should.

Nothing is doing it for me right now, it's just like I'm ready to jump off a bridge right now, It's like I know I'm gonna snap real soon
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Just sit back and breathe, man.... tell your mom now that things arent's going well. She'll be the most understanding. Sometimes the stress will back you into a corner.

All the time mechanics and ccontractors promise a due date, and have to revise it. Your mom will understand most of all.

Just revamp your schedule, nobody wants you to kill yourself trying to meet a schedule. It'll be fine, just cut yourself a little slack.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The thing is I planned it it to work, and it's just pissing me off, that I lossed 1 day to my Transmission jack breaking, saturday to a stripped bolt

My mom's B Day is a tuesday so If I have it done by that Friday I'll be happy, but that breaks my plans for my B Day which is that Saturday, But My mom means more to me than a Drunken weekend so I want to have this done
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Yeah man your liquor can wait
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've had 7 days into doing the clutch and suspenssion
          It's a good thing you are not paying yourself by the hour. j/k man. I have had shit go like this and it is always better to step back, regroup, and go back in. It'll get done eventually.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Shit happens man... just breathe for a sec.
            I'm sure your mom would rather have the suspension done right as opposed to fast. She'll understand.
            Part of why I rarely plan anything.
            -Rick

Comment

How about logging off and turning a wrench?
              "POOP"

Comment

I have discovered that no matter how hard I work, or how much I do. I can never catch up, Working full time and trying to do projects can be very frustrating. I basically set priorities on tasks, and try not to start a new one until I'm finished with the current one, Circumstances always change, and emergency projects hit you out of nowhere, do it and go back to your list, When things go wrong on something you're working on and you're killing yourself and not making any progress, stop, go have a beer or 3, and work on it tomorrow, usually things seem to work out when you're not all upset. Always remember its not worth getting all stressed out, cuz like i said you'll never get caught up,
                I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY
                  How about logging off and turning a wrench?
                  .....:ROTF:
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer
                    I have discovered that no matter how hard I work, or how much I do. I can never catch up, Working full time and trying to do projects can be very frustrating. I basically set priorities on tasks, and try not to start a new one until I'm finished with the current one, Circumstances always change, and emergency projects hit you out of nowhere, do it and go back to your list, When things go wrong on something you're working on and you're killing yourself and not making any progress, stop, go have a beer or 3, and work on it tomorrow, usually things seem to work out when you're not all upset. Always remember its not worth getting all stressed out, cuz like i said you'll never get caught up,

Very well said! I'm living in that world too as a small business owner. Barely controlled chaos punctuated by the occasional life-or-death emergency. I learned real quick that I could either go insane trying to do it all or plug away at one thing at a time and actually step back and enjoy myself a little when things go right. As an employee, I used to be a perfectionist & was always focused on completing projects. Now there is no end, and it takes a completely different mindset. Not to say I don't lose it & start throwing shit on occasion...

Comment

Working...
                    X