No announcement yet.

Speaking of Gross, I went to Ed Romans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Gross, I went to Ed Romans.

So, while I was at Las Vegas, my associate that I work with really wanted to check out Ed Romans. I mentioned some of the hearsay that I have heard on this board and said that he needs to be careful when dealing with that guy. He is a shady fucker.

So, I went with him. First thing you notice is that you cannot touch at thing without a sales associate right next to you. Understandable. So, you just have to get one of the guys to take it off the wall for you so that you can plug in. I tried 10... count them... 10 USA Jackson, Kramer Stagemaster, and Charvels. Every single one of them was completely screwed up. Specifically, the necks were in really sad shape. The only thing that I could think of was that it was a wherehouse and since you are in the desert, there is drastic temperature changes from night time to day time. I mean, these things were really really sad, they lacked any sort of character of the instruments that I currently own. Looking at all of them on the wall, the only thing that I could think of was "what a waste."

So, this is where it gets really good....

My friend wants a nice acoustic. I mention that he could get a really good acoustic from Griffon guitars in Mt. View area. The only deal with acoustics and have the best selection that I have ever seen. But, he had his eye on some Koa top Tacoma. I dont know much about acoustics. But, this thing was fantastic in both looks and playing wise. So, he asks for a price because there is nothing on it. The guy comes back with ~3800.00, they start bullshitting a little bit and the guy goes into the room and is followed back by the Assmunch himself. Who starts to talk to my friend saying he can go as low as 3700.00 and he will ship it to his home for free so he doesn't have to check it on the plane. I look around and see another one, same model number, same everything and the price on it was 600.00 less then the price that he was quoting to him. I eye my friend and point to it on the wall. He goes and looks at it, and mentions that it is the same model number and everything. Ed scoffs a bit at his sales guy and tells him to pull all the price tags because the guys in recieving have fucked something up. LOL

Looks nice on the surface... But, this place is some messed up shit....

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

What about the reverse head USA Jacksons?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Did you at least bitch slap the troll upside his head before leaving?
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

fucking snot! i thought it was an academy of students thing (aka sound control) but THIS twit really takes the piss. how could you NOT bitch slap him and post a photo on this forum?!

troll - does he look like Mortiis?! or is it Sssshhhhhmmmmeeeeegol?
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

he looks more like a leprechaun than a troll. you know, red hair, beard, little green bowler hat, little suspenders holding his little green pants up over stripy socks with little green pointy shoes.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

A trolleprechaun?
            Just a guitar player...

Comment

...don't forget..
              a greedy leer and holding a pot of gold.

Comment

his store is awful, I hated it and will never go back.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I never had a problem with Ed but his business practices haven't changed since he owned East Coast Music Mall in Danbury, CT. You couldn't touch any of the guitars then either without a salesperson on you ass. There were also many pricing issues but worst of all.. most of the guitars didn't have prices on them. You had to ask the salesperson and they had to look it up in the computer. They did have a great selection and an outstanding repair and rental department.

Comment

What does he look like? He looks like a a guy who just let his health just get out of total control. The weird(est) thing was the fact that he had ace bandages around his legs from his shoes all the way up to... I don't want to even fucken speculate... It looked like he was mummied....

His instruments are shit.... Like I said before, I played quite a few of his jacksons. I didn't even have to plug in to know what I felt about them.
                    I would be scared to buy one in fears that things have just gone way too far and require too much repair ontop of the actual purchase price.

Oh by the way.. Ed needs to pay more attention to paper work that is laying around... There was a subpoena on one of the desks.

-Nate
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Hey, if you buddy wants a Tacoma, tell hime to give me a call.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
                        Oh by the way.. Ed needs to pay more attention to paper work that is laying around... There was a subpoena on one of the desks.
                        Lol, now THAT's funny! I wonder which guitar manufacturer it was from!
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I just recently played a beautiful acoustic from a Wisc company called Petros...extremely well made guitar..what a neck.. cross between a classical and a acoustic and the tone was very rich...again a cross between the two. It actually had a slightly arched top...you could speak into the soundhole and instantly recognize the resonance of the construction...again much like a classical..don't want to get into the 'snob' aspect, but the tone had a certain complexity to it.
                          http://www.petrosguitars.com/
                          Last edited by charvelguy; 04-27-2006, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Man, if I'm ever in LV again, I'll have to check out his store, just out of morbid curiousity.

Comment

That's very typical for for ol Eddie boy.
                              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                              X