No announcement yet.

Migrane cures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dad had migranes for years (every weekend, to the point of tears) and he tried everything 'normal' (drugs, diet, etc). Then we moved, my mum got a job in a doctor's surgery and the main doc suggested my dad try aqupuncture - bingo! Instant fix, and with regular 'top ups' he's been fine ever since...... My Dad is the least 'new age' person you could meet, and it worked for him, and that has changed my perception in a major way.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Flexeril! ........(cyclobenzaprine)
      "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

http://health.msn.com/centers/headac....aspx?GT1=7985
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I take (not as much/many as others) daily.
          4-8 advils for for headaches, an aspirin to the thin the blood, other pain/nerve meds, nexum for ulcers. I have headaches daily some days a migraine slips in.
          When the migraine comes, I always go to bed and it has to be pitch black dark and no noise. There are times this doesn't work, I'm just in complete torture and painful misery. The pain meds don't always work either.
          This feverfew site sounds like a potential alternative.
          As long as it works I don't care what it is.

Whats up with this site?
          Yesterday or so, had a colon cleaning site and today the feverfew.
          Alright already, I get it, I need to be coincerned about my health.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

i suffer from mild migranes. i changed my diet to organic food, cut out all sweets/junk food/soda, etc. i rarely get them now unless i eat something that is full of preservatives or other chemicals. i can directly link my migranes to the food i eat.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

When I first got them, the Dr. prescribed Midrin, and it seemed to work from what I remember. I was taking Propranolol recently (the last year) as a preventative type of solution. I haven't been taking anything lately, but as long as I take Excedrin/Excedrin Migraine when I first feel something coming on, it takes care of it quickly. Sometimes it feels like a sinus infection or headache, but I think it's actually a Migraine. Haven't heard how those pads that you put on your head work. Hope you can find something that works though.
              www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

A former co-worker said that Feverfew helped her a lot, I think she just grew it in the garden and chewed on the leaves (but you might want to do more research....). Chiropractic would be worth looking into as well, and/or a good naturopath.

Comment

Reiki: It works extremely well. No sandals or patchouli required.

http://www.reiki.org/Healing/Doctor.html
                  http://www.onlinepressreleases.com/o...t/075620.shtml

Comment

Thanks all.
                    I'm back on track today.
                    Going to print out this thead and talk to my doc when I see him in about a week.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                    X