Dragonland.....anyone heard them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonland.....anyone heard them?

> I was at a friend's house a couple nights ago watching a Battlefield 2 ownage/game footage demo,and it had a kick ass progressive metal song as part of the soundtrack,but it never said what the name of the song was,and it only played about 2 minutes of it. I went home and looked around on Limewire,the only thing I had to go on was me thinking the name of the song was Holy War. After sifting through a shitload of enries for Megadeth's Holy Wars,I finally saw one by a band called Dragonland. I downloaded it,and I'll be damned if it wasn't the exact tune I was looking for. It kind of sounds like a heavier version of Dream Theater,great drummer,great keyboards,an over the top singer,and the guitar part kicks ass too. I think they are from Sweden. Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Yeah, I have all three..their first "battle on Ivory plains" and their follow up "holy war" both on Black Lotus records..

Their latest one on Century Media "Starfall...which I think is their best..it's a bit different that the earlier stuff.

Pretty good European power metal..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Heavier than DT + an over the top singer... that sounds like i gotta check'em out. DT without LaBrie would be great also.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Hell yes, I've heard of them. My son LOVES Dragontales! We watch it every day. "Come along, take my hand - let's all go to dragonland!"

Oh, wait...
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Dragonland are amazing. Holy war is best album, got a bit pop after that. Check out the song 'through elven woods and mithril mountains'. Dont worry its not as cheesy as it sounds!
          Saw them live last summer, were pretty good.
          If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Speakin' of Dragons anyone see Emmy around??

and I'm still waiting for Dragonforce "Inhuman rampage" to be stocked by my mail order distros..not yet...still waitin'.

mink ya there sure are alot of Dragon bands..I got a few..hmmm..let's see I do

Dragonforce
            Dragonhammer
            Dragonheart
            Dragonland
            Dragonlord
            Dragonhumper..

Oh, and Emmy Dragonbaite..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dragonland are one of the best powermetal bands. To me, 99% of their stuff isnt cheesy, it just works!!! The neo classical breakdown/middle section in The Battle For The Ivory Plains is fantastic.

James

Comment

Working...
              X