Ticket scalpers should be ass raped by an AIDs infected Gorilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket scalpers should be ass raped by an AIDs infected Gorilla

The Toronto Tool show was sold out in 15 minutes. I logged in to buy tickets at 10:20am because I was busy working, and didn't notice the time. Now there's hundreds of pairs of tickets on Ebay, and they're going for $500 a pair.

I am not a happy camper.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

dude
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
      The Toronto Tool show was sold out in 15 minutes. I logged in to buy tickets at 10:20am because I was busy working, and didn't notice the time. Now there's hundreds of pairs of tickets on Ebay, and they're going for $500 a pair.

I am not a happy camper.
      Thought scalping was still illegal on eBay or elsewhere...but what do I know.

Sorry to hear Zeegs.

Comment

Unfortunately, going to see a concert these days is only reserved for the rich people. Back in the "old days" I paid anywhere from $8.50 to $12.50 to see the major acts like Priest, Maiden, Rush, Van Halen, Kiss, Sabbath, Dio, etc...
        If you wanted to be REALLY close to the stage the tickets might run around $20.00-$25.00 from a scalper.
        Ticket prices today are the reason I don't go to very many concerts.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
          Unfortunately, going to see a concert these days is only reserved for the rich people. Back in the "old days" I paid anywhere from $8.50 to $12.50 to see the major acts like Priest, Maiden, Rush, Van Halen, Kiss, Sabbath, Dio, etc...
          If you wanted to be REALLY close to the stage the tickets might run around $20.00-$25.00 from a scalper.
          Ticket prices today are the reason I don't go to very many concerts.

I think you can blame The Eagles for these prices. Back until the late 80's early 90's everything was in check. Then they went on that Hell Froze Over(or whatever it was called tour). They wanted $100 a ticket, everyone was like WTF, this was back when tickets were $10-$20 bucks no matter who it was. Well that concert sold out everywhere, I think it brought out an elitest attitude in people that "Hey look I can afford A $100 ticket". Well after other acts saw that poeple would pay, it was all over from there. Some of the big name acts have no problem selling $200-$400 tickets all day long, and thats from ticketmaster. Brokers get several grand a ticket.
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

ya, everybody balked when VH was charging 75 bucks for decent seats. I know I did. Then Eagles went over a hundred bucks a pop and then the Stones followed suit. It's the CEO mentality.. rape the paying who are willing to pay and increase the profit. At least Garth Brooks had a reverse philosophy..make it affordable again for everyone at like 25 bucks a seat so even more people can go and increase my fan base.

Comment

This is why I love going to see metal shows. I don't pay more than $30 to see some of my favorite bands. But the new Guns n Roses are charging almost $70 for their 4 NYC shows Sorry, but unless I'm seeing the old lineup, which dosen't look possible, that's not happening. Sorry to hear that though dude, I've missed a few concerts because of ridiculous ticket prices and scalpers

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
                This is why I love going to see metal shows. I don't pay more than $30 to see some of my favorite bands. But the new Guns n Roses are charging almost $70 for their 4 NYC shows Sorry, but unless I'm seeing the old lineup, which dosen't look possible, that's not happening. Sorry to hear that though dude, I've missed a few concerts because of ridiculous ticket prices and scalpers
                The shows that you are paying $30.00 for were $5.00 at the door back in the day. I used to see Rick Derringer, Anthrax, Twisted Sister, Zebra, Queensryche, Accept, Metal Church, Stryper etc... for between $5.00 and $7.00 at the door and most of the time the club had a happy hour up until 9:00pm. Those were the days. I am convinced that more than half of the seats at rock concerts and sporting events are corporate giveaways.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                  The shows that you are paying $30.00 for were $5.00 at the door back in the day. I used to see Rick Derringer, Anthrax, Twisted Sister, Zebra, Queensryche, Accept, Metal Church, Stryper etc... for between $5.00 and $7.00 at the door and most of the time the club had a happy hour up until 9:00pm. Those were the days. I am convinced that more than half of the seats at rock concerts and sporting events are corporate giveaways.
                  And happy hour ends @ 9 Damn, I'm paying more for tickets and drinks. I'm 22, what would I know, the good old days for me was like last week

Comment

Umm Zeegs..I got it...Man-whore..you can do it..!!!!

right outside the venue..

You can do it..

OK this is starting to sound like a Happy Madison movie
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The face value of the tickets was reasonable as far as current ticket prices go. $66 a piece was very acceptable to me. I don't blame the concert promoters or the bands. People are going to pay what they think it's worth, but not more. The problem is, you've got professional scalpers, abusing the system, and taking advantage of fans. Every time they try to prevent scalping by introducing new anti-scalping measures, the scalpers find a way around it. There was a 2 ticket limit on this show, but these scalpers must have 50 credit cards each, and can buy 100 tickets. It's fucking bullshit. The promoters don't give a shit, or I'm sure they would be able to come up with some way to prevent this.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                        The face value of the tickets was reasonable as far as current ticket prices go. $66 a piece was very acceptable to me. I don't blame the concert promoters or the bands. People are going to pay what they think it's worth, but not more. The problem is, you've got professional scalpers, abusing the system, and taking advantage of fans. Every time they try to prevent scalping by introducing new anti-scalping measures, the scalpers find a way around it. There was a 2 ticket limit on this show, but these scalpers must have 50 credit cards each, and can buy 100 tickets. It's fucking bullshit. The promoters don't give a shit, or I'm sure they would be able to come up with some way to prevent this.
                        I agree with alot of what you said except that "People are going to pay what they think it's worth, but not more."
                        People are going to pay what they are frikking forced to pay if they want to see a concert. I am sure that not even the rich folks think a $500.00 Eagles ticket for a crummy seat is worth what they are paying.
                        John Q Public always gets fucked. Concert ticket prices and gas prices are high for the same reason. If we stopped spending $100.00+ for concert tickets and used as little fuel as possible the prices would come down. Look at CD prices. Now that IPODS are so popular the CD prices are coming down. The latest CD's were $18.00 3 years ago and now the latest CD's are $10.00-$12.00.
                        Same thing with DVD rentals. Blockbuster video is much less expensive than it used to be because more people are renting movies online.
                        Even video games are coming down a little due to the online gaming thats available via online play or download.
                        Bottom line, if John Q Public could hit the promoters in the pocket with sagging concert sales and merchandising the price of tickets would come down. Scalpers wouldn't buy up all the tickets because there wouldn't be enough profit in selling them.

Comment

Hey as long as there's a plate of hot dogs and fries for everyone..you could almost call it a fund raising convention. I think Ozzy needs to do a "Burger, Fries and Coke tour" and call it the Mad Cow Fest.

Comment

Remember when we young pups and used to get up early to go stand in line for concert tickets at your local Ticketron or whatever? And that was COOL because the line was a party, with everyone getting baked and whatnot until sales began.

Ah, those were the days.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
                              Remember when we young pups and used to get up early to go stand in line for concert tickets at your local Ticketron or whatever? And that was COOL because the line was a party, with everyone getting baked and whatnot until sales began.

Ah, those were the days.
                              No, I just bought tix of my buddy..he was a scalper..:ROTF:
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X