Frank Gambale - Modes instructional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Gambale - Modes instructional

Right so, i know what Modes are, but i want to have a better understanding of how to use them in a musical setting. I've been thinking of getting Frank Gambale's 'Modes, no more mystery' DVD for a while. But how is it? does it go into detail quite a bit? is it easy to understand?
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: Frank Gambale - Modes instructional

I have it. It will definately give you a better understanding of how to use them in a musical setting but it is mainly based on theory. In a practical sense it won't do much for you unless you want to be able to explain to a bandmate the theory on how to choose the correct mode for the key or style you are playing in. The majority of the DVD Frank is playing totally clean. He kicks on the gain for a demo at the end that is just SICK.
    Its easy to understand but this isn't the DVD for a player who wants to see a guy play a mode so that you can practice to it. He talkes alot about the 5th and 6th chords of specific keys and how modes relate to them and stuff like that. I'm not into that theory type stuff. Thats why I have the DVD. It would be cool to be able to talk the talk instead of just walking it. I'm learning from it. He is a VERY good teacher.

Comment

Excellent DVD!
      Frank gives you formulas on how to figure what mode you're
      in and gives examples of what the mode sounds like.
      IMO a must have, if you want to have a clue about understanding modes and how to play over them.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

associate the sound of the modes in addition to knowing the theory behind them... then applying them is easy
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
        X