Horrible news from the vet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible news from the vet

I took my new puppy, Molly, to the vet yesterday and was told by the vet that she has Patent Ductus Arteriosus which is a very bad type of heart murmur. Dogs usually don't live more than a year or 2 with this condition. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'm going to try and get this surgically repaired. I spoke to the breeder and she offered me my money back if I return Molly but there's no way in hell I'd return this beautiful little girl. The breeder said she'll return half my money and I can keep Molly. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My poor baby, she has no idea, she's running around and playing like a typical puppy.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: Horrible news from the vet

Our dachshund Gibson was diagnosed with Mycoplasma Pnemonia by the University of Minnesota when he was a puppy. They said he wouldn't make it a year. We just put him to sleep three weeks ago. He was 14. The moral of the story is "Doctors aren't always right".

Keep the faith, and if you pursue surgery, best of luck.

And love that dog as much as you can every day.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jack, but Alex is right, the docs don't always get it right. You may want to get a second opinion before surgery, too.

Best wishes and my prayers are with you and Molly.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

wise words by Alex

Comment

My cat has a heart mummur and she is 15 years old. And that's in people years.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Our dachshund Gibson was diagnosed with Mycoplasma Pnemonia by the University of Minnesota when he was a puppy. They said he wouldn't make it a year. We just put him to sleep three weeks ago. He was 14. The moral of the story is "Doctors aren't always right".

Keep the faith, and if you pursue surgery, best of luck.

And love that dog as much as you can every day.

- E.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, get different opinions if you must. Seems to me there may be meds that can counter that type of thing once diagnosed.

Comment

My prayers are with you and the lil' girl.

~Best wishes Jack~
              Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
              Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

yes, i agree with the fellas.

2nd opinions are always good ideas.

i wish your family your puppy the best.

Comment

Man,Jack..Hope this all works out for the both of you.Another opinion is a really good idea,if there is another option,anything beats surgery.
                  Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Wow Jack...Hope everything goes well...always something man..

life is a chowl of berries.. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

best of luck. get a 2nd opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X