Another Randy Tribute...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Randy Tribute...

I'm on a Randy kick lately. I still can't listen to his stuff and not think, "wow!". I don't think I've ever known of any other musician who accomplished so much in such a short period of time.

I thought this tribute was well done and I hope it hasn't been posted a million times already.

Tribute To Randy
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Re: Another Randy Tribute...

Man, I want a RR that size..but I can't find one.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Those HUGE Les Pauls too.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You must be referring to Randy's small size. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I know man..he only weighed like 105 lbs..

That big sound coming from such a a small dude!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

He was great..that's just stating the obvious..my personal favorite Randy solo will always be Revelation Mother earth..that solo is so bad ass! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's my favorite one too, but I still think all of his stuff was great.

Have you heard old Quiet Riot stuff he did? Strange hearing a lot of the riffs and shit he was years before he ever playe with Ozzy.

Comment

That was awesome!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Thanks for sharing.

R.I.P~ Randy

A~
            All hail the 'King'
            R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

thats was from Des on the RR Forum. Des is one of the nicest fellows around and he plays Randys stuff to a T, closer than anyone I've ever heard....

Randy was the epotime of a cool rock star and one helluva person too...

I'm about 5'10 175lbs and when I had RR shapes I felt like I was playing a stienbugger [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Nevewr kept one for very long.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

That must have taken some time to put together. It is very well done. Thanks for posting it!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] That made me happy and sad all at the same time!! Thanks for posting this, tissue please. Jack.

Comment

that was very well done, thanks for sharing that. des is a really nice guy.
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah, I like some of the video footage. Especially the footage of the concert from where Ozzy picked Randy up and viola!! We have the Tribute album cover. And Ozzy says there really isn't anymore footage. BS!! There is a lot of footage.-Lou
                      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I often wonder...what would have become of Randy had he not died, and had he followed the path he wanted to. Would he be sporting a tuxedo, a proper haircut and glasses...playing classical music with an orchestra behind him somewhere? Would he be featured on "Where Are They Now?"

Randy was a great, and is forever frozen in time.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I think theres more concert footage of Randy then what ozzy lets on. Would I and many others love to have it? Absolutely, man absolutely. Just give us a complete show(with Randy)from the Diary tour. I've got the speak of the devil show/boot with Brad Gillis (by the way did a wonderful job) and enjoyed it.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

great footage.....brings back alot memories of seeing him live for the last time here in knoxville. great show and alot flying blond hair. long live Randy!!

Comment

As Ozzy and Randy's mom both had said Randy didn't want to be a rock star. He wanted to go back to college, get a degree in music and move on to other things. He wanted to write music for movies. Of course Ozzy told him he was insane. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So I'm pretty sure had he not been taken away from us so soon we would have seen a few more Ozzy albums and eventually we would have heard his work in movies and most likely blowing away greats like John Williams.

Somehow I just can't picture ever seeing Randy on a "Where Are They Now" show. Just doesn't sound right.

Comment

Working...
                              X