Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a bored philosopher-in-training anything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a bored philosopher-in-training anything.

I'll answer any quesiton as truthfully as possible.

Go. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Edit: A little about me to get the ball rolling. I'm an atheist, I'm a philosophy major at the University of Southern California, aside from guitar my biggest hobbies are weightlifting (power lifter here) and kicking ass at xbox360. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Ask a bored philosopher-in-training anything.

Which came first,the chicken or the egg?And how does it affect the price of peanut butter?
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Why do I still work hard in school if none of the grades that I get matter? I'm a 2nd semester senior in high school and I'm still busting my ass when colleges have all already gotten the grades they need to make a decision. Yet, I still bust my ass working. Why is that?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Why do I still work hard in school if none of the grades that I get matter? I'm a 2nd semester senior in high school and I'm still busting my ass when colleges have all already gotten the grades they need to make a decision. Yet, I still bust my ass working. Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]
        You must look deep inside yourself and ask yourself that fundamental question: Where's the party, and why aren't I there? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Which came first,the chicken or the egg?And how does it affect the price of peanut butter?

[/ QUOTE ]
          Evolutionally speaking, the egg came first, as it was probably a mutation in the DNA of the predecessor of the chicken which created the modern day chicken which we are familiar with.

Fortunately, neither chicken nor eggs have any impact on the price of natural peanut butter, since well, peanuts do not come from chickens.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A handful of reasons. First, some colleges will revoke your decision if it is the case that your second semester grades drop. Second, if you have habitualized hard work, you probably feel guilty for slacking off. Last, because part of you understands that by keeping up the hard work now, it will be easier to get your shit done in college, which does matter.

My suggestion: cut back a little, work hard on the weekdays and party hard on the weekends. Also do something fun like lift weights durring the week to take your mind off everything.

Comment

What is the meaning of life?
              Careful...several JCF'ers will be watching for your answer to this one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                What is the meaning of life?
                Careful...several JCF'ers will be watching for your answer to this one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so. The meaning of life, is of course extremely subjective, but in my opinion life starts at a meaningless base, and any other sort of meaning you wish to give to your time in this world is built off of that base.

Or in other words, you arn't born into this world with a destiny or a purpose. You get what you make of it.

Comment

I don't know the meaning of life, but I know what is best in life!!

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

Comment

Who is The Man?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Who is The Man?

[/ QUOTE ]

The dude.

Comment

Will this feeling ever end?
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            "No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. [Points to sword.] But this... this you can trust."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Will this feeling ever end?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X