Disneyland hotel: yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disneyland hotel: yay or nay?

Seems to me the monorail stops at the Disneyland hotel, never stayed there, but I vaguely remember stopping in there for a couple drinks at the bar via the monorail
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Well how long ago was that, FF? They changed that whole area around, it's all Downtown Disney (shopping area). The monorail does go right there in Downtown Disney, and/but the D Hotel is just across a courtyard, so it is fairly handy

These java maps aren't the greatest, but

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyla...lTransportation

click on the blue View Map button to access a couple different maps
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Our family stayed at a disney hotel when we went to Orlando. The kids loved it. Dinners at the restaurant are a hoot. if it fits your budget i would wholeheartedly recommend it.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Thanks RacerX. This helps a lot!

Comment

No prob, slob! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Let us know how you decided.

Comment

Been there a couple of times.
              The Disneyland hotel "continential" is IMO the nicest in the magic Kingdom area. Expensive, but worth it, the conrail takes right you inside of it. Everything you need is right there in the continential, good full course meals, bar top floor, clothing stores all inside. Penthouses are on the top floor these are incredible. They cater and pamper you its really nice.

You have many options, there are several hotels within the magic kingdom and at various disneyland parks. I just prefer getting a hotel in magic kingdom cause thats where the fireworks and parade is at night. Just take the conrail back to the hotel. Its a madhouse to think of driving out of there after the fireworks and parade. Whatever you do, its money well spent, get a "park hopper pass". Allows to go from park to park without any additional obvious or hidden fees. I've learned all this the hard way.

Flying?
              If your flying all this can be arranged in advance with the chosen airline, tickets, hopper park passes, hotel and etc. However, make sure you have the exspense covered for the shuttle bus drive from the airport into Disneyland. The airline we chose didn't cover this and we thought they did and they didn't, and it cost us a chunk of change. I was furious to say the least.

Go eat at the larger Rain Forest cafe.
              Theres two of them, eat at the larger one, really nice.
              Good food and a plenty to look at and check out while waiting for the food and while eating, cool place. Prepare for a long line, its worth the wait though once your in. I think the larger one is located at the animial kingdom/park, if my memory serves me right.

Have fun, thats what disneyland is all about and its for all ages. I dig it and love how they cater and pamper you during your stay.

One year just for kicks, I'd like to stay at their camp ground and exsperience that whole thing for a few days.
              It would be different and I think I'd like it.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

OK...after you decide where to stay...Magic Kingdom...Blue Bayou...Monte Cristo!!! Tasty!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Well how long ago was that, FF? They changed that whole area around, it's all Downtown Disney (shopping area). The monorail does go right there in Downtown Disney, and/but the D Hotel is just across a courtyard, so it is fairly handy

These java maps aren't the greatest, but

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyla...lTransportation

click on the blue View Map button to access a couple different maps

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it was like 20 years ago or so, Damn I'm getting old
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Yeah, resorts have to constantly change to keep interest & profits up, you would not recognize that whole area now, man - they rerouted a major street and totally changed the whole west side of the resort - check my links

Comment

Working...
                    X