Here's Another Dumbass on the International Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's Another Dumbass on the International Level

What a piss-poor excuse for being a loser. This individual represents our country.

Bodie Miller

-Mark

Re: Here\'s Another Dumbass on the International Level

What's the problem? Sounds like a typical American Sports Hero to me. No sense of duty, only there for "me", "party party party", and "I am so awesome because I do everything my own way and can't/won't even try to fit in with a team".
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Here\'s Another Dumbass on the International Le

[ QUOTE ]
      What's the problem? Sounds like a typical American Sports Hero to me. No sense of duty, only there for "me", "party party party", and "I am so awesome because I do everything my own way and can't/won't even try to fit in with a team".

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

I think this guy's 15 minutes are up. We'll occasionally read about him being arested for DWI, smoking pot, assaulting a hooker or a trans, maybe even attempting to have sex with a 15 year old. In a decade or so, he'll be on some sort of reality show where he boxes Tonya Harding or arm wrestles Gary Coleman.

-Mark

Comment

Who cares what he does? There aren't a million people watching TV judging YOUR actions, what gives you the right to judge his? Just because the guy can ski doesn't mean he's obligated to be a roll model.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Who cares what he does? There aren't a million people watching TV judging YOUR actions, what gives you the right to judge his? Just because the guy can ski doesn't mean he's obligated to be a roll model.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, dude, it's r-o-l-e model.

He chose to put his chokin ass up in front of millions of people. No one put a gun to his head. There is an inherent understanding that if you put yourself out there as a public figure and as an athlete that the viewers and fans are going to judge and comment about your actions and performance. Just like when a guitarist steps on stage, he is giving implied consent for judging, praise, and critical remarks. There is also a more explicit responsibility of the olympic athletes to appropriately represent their country. It does say USA on his clothing. This has gotten lost over recent years, unfortunately, and has become what Newc referred to as the 'Me Me Me' thing.

If Bodie doesn't like it, then maybe he should get some lidocaine for his vagina.

-Mark

Comment

He doesn't seem butt-hurt by the whole experience, it's everyone else that feels like he should have gone to church and won that thing. Comment all you want, he doesn't seem to care. The whole idea of people telling you what to do all the time is bull shit. I spent 4 years in the USMC with people breathing down my back, telling me what to do, where to go, what to wear. It's fuckin' bullshit, and I am sure that the Olympic coaches are the same way. What ever happened to personal freedom? Do you feel Bode Miller has some obligation to everyone to live his life a certain way?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I spent 4 years in the USMC with people breathing down my back, telling me what to do, where to go, what to wear. It's fuckin' bullshit, and I am sure that the Olympic coaches are the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. You were in the Marines for 4 years, and you fulfilled your commitment, regardless of how you felt about it. You took responsibility for the choice you made and followed through, unlike this guy.

Thanks for serving, by the way.

-Mark

Comment

Your welcome! And I did fullfil my commitment(begrudgingly, but honorably). I just don't see what commitment he ever made to do what he was told. What exactly did he not follow through on? I understand if people don't approve of his lifestyle, but there are plenty of people out there quick to point a finger at this dude when there is no one out there pointing fingers at them. Sure, he's no angel, but did he ever say he was?

Comment

Ace li-ikes Bode!
                  Ace li-ikes Bode! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

yeah, it's Bode, Markus [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Bode. Failed to finish three of the five events.

"I just wanna go out and rock. And man, I rocked here."

Ummm, okay Bode.

I wonder if he really believes this stuff, or if he hates himself so bad for choking that he goes home and shoves sewing needles in his genitals?

-Mark

Comment

But you said it perfectly - "he represents our country". Just as Elvis was painted in all his various stages as being a symbol of America - from his wide-eyed naivete (sp Ron? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) to his bloated, drug-swilling, fell-off-the-crapper-face-down-in-his-own-puke-covered-in-heroin-induced-diahrrea death.

How is this guy different from T.O. or Neon Dieon or Shaq or Tyson or McEnroe or any other self-centered showboat in any other "professional" sport?

Why should he uphold an ideal that no one else is willing to?

Then again, Flipside Theater presents the question:

"Why not?"
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My opinion is...

He chooses to go represent our country in the Olympics...something most top-notch althletes strive to do in their professional careers, a life goal so-to-speak. He didn't have to... he wasn't made to. And then to give the performance that he gave (I saw the highlights from it, and I was quite disappointed myself) while wearing our flag while making a mockery out of it on top of that, is frickin' appaling!

He didn't have to go there if his intention was to go there and party. Then he should've done just that, and left the slopes to another American willing to take the challenge and fight for the podium.

Comment

impressive. it takes only six replies to get this thread from skiing to war. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            impressive. it takes only six replies to get this thread from skiing to war. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The first mention of war here was by you. Ace said he was in the Marines, but serving in the military and being at war are two different things.

-Mark

Comment

I disagree with all this mentality that all celebrities must be role models. WHY? just because I guy or girl can excel at a sport(or whatever) doesnt mean they have to live their life by a certain code. They are human beings. as long as they arent breaking the law or harming people, they are free to live their life how they choose. If I was a professional athlete, I wouldn't put on this "goodie two shoes" personna because I am good at what I do. thats BS. What about the guy that cleans the toilets in your high school? He may be the best janitor in the world, does anyone care how the hell he lives his life? NO. Nobody gives a fuk how the guy that rents you your bowling shoes,or approves your house loan, or cooks your french fries, or removes your appendics lives their life. They all might like to party and not give a fuk. But they arent bound to this mystical "code" of behavior that is expected from someone that is good at what they do for a living.

Live, and let live. Bode aint hurtin you or anyone else man.
                              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                              X