I hate computers!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate computers!!!!!

It's windy as hell here in "sunny Seattle". The fukking power went off for about 10 seconds. I restarted my computer and all kinds of BS Check This and That started running. Delete This and That. Scared me to death. It seems to be OK now. But if it ever crashes big-time, I am just a little old lady just waiting to get reamed. I would have to send for my son and pay his airfare to fix it. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: I hate computers!!!!!

I hear ya, when something goes wrong with mine, it seams as though I am on the phone with Dell for hours!! I am niot even sure if my Warranty is still good [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I hear ya, when something goes wrong with mine, it seams as though I am on the phone with Dell for hours!! I am niot even sure if my Warranty is still good [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Jack.

[/ QUOTE ] My dau-in-law has horror stories dealing with Dell that are beyond belief. She's small, but she has balls as big as grapefruits and still it is a nightmare. I wouldn't ever know where to start if my HP broke. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Not only that!! But I don't have a telephone. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] My dau-in-law has horror stories dealing with Dell that are beyond belief. She's small, but she has balls as big as grapefruits and still it is a nightmare. I wouldn't ever know where to start if my HP broke. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Not only that!! But I don't have a telephone. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beleive it or not, I recently had an amazing experience with Dell support...

I bought an XPS laptop in December and needed to wipe the drive and start from scratch due to the shitty "winfixer" spyware I could not get rid of...
        (The system-restore info is now in a partition of the hard-drive, but I had no idea how to access it...A dreaded call to support was in order)

I called Dell and got the support center in India...(I had terrible flashbacks to past problems and waited to be on hold 2 hours. After 5 minutes, I was talking to a real person! WTF, lol! Not only could this person speak excellent english, he was able to walk me through the problem...Then, he wanted me to run some diagnostics on the hard drive and spent 2 hours on the phone waiting for the scan to finish while I watched TV...
        The next day, I had not one but TWO calls from Dell support reps (not computers!) to see if my problem was resolved!

I think XPS has dedicated service, but it really makes you wonder why they don't do that for everyone...If they did, I can assure you I would never buy anything but a Dell in the future!

Comment

I'm on my second Dell, no problems whatsoever.
          I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

computers don't like power cuts. try getting a trip switch device that gives you "x" number of seconds to shut down after power failure. also, mine crashes everyday, but that's my fault for not installing decent anti-virus programs that auto-detect and kill off spyware and trojan horses.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

What people don't realize is that for you to have a sane life with a computer, you need:

1. backup device w/backup software
              2. backup battery (like APC)
              3. a true firewall/router for your internet connection
              4. basic knowledge about how to prevent being hacked

computers are a devil in disguise. that's my opinion, and i'm in the business. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Buy a $50 UPS. Come on... they're not that expensive. Cheap bastards. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

just installed ntl netguard. so far, no viruses, spyware, popups or crashes. wehay! no power cuts thankfully either..
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I don't have to worry anymore!!! It's a beautiful, calm day. For now. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

It's eiraly calm
                      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        It's eiraly calm

[/ QUOTE ] Thank God it isn't yesterday. Cable was out for hours. Would that suck today, or what? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

cable tv? no. broadband? yes, but that's where my guitar comes in if that failed.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Man, my power was out from about 4am on Saturday until about 4 pm! To make matters worse, I had to meet up with my bandmates for a show in Eastern Washington at 11am... By some weird stroke of luck I was able to wake up at 9:15, only to have no lights.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              It's windy as hell here in "sunny Seattle". The fukking power went off for about 10 seconds. I restarted my computer and all kinds of BS Check This and That started running. Delete This and That. Scared me to death. It seems to be OK now. But if it ever crashes big-time, I am just a little old lady just waiting to get reamed. I would have to send for my son and pay his airfare to fix it. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't this be an "I hate wind" or "I hate electricity" thread?

fett, you sound just like my dad. PC's are so cheap these days, just buy an old P3-1GHz to practice on, and learn how to rebuild a PC from the ground up.

My dad bought a whole bunch of hardware (AMD64, SATA drives) and had to wait for me to fly out to CA Christmas 2004 to put it together. I got Win98 running solid but couldn't get XP loaded because he needed an SATA driver. I had to fly back, but I told him how to do it, and here we are, 14 months later, and it's still sitting there. He won't use it because it has Win98, but he won't get off his ass and download the drivers and make a driver disk.

I'm just as guilty as anyone else (I hope LOL!). I have a ton of pictures on a PC and haven't burned them to CD yet. I really need to get off my but and do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X