wow that was quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow that was quick

well I just finished the brief and easy task of changing the strings on my 12-string. only took me about 14 fucking hours. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

actually about 2 hrs with fretboard conditioning and polishing the headstock and bridge. and one nice deep string end stab in the finger, damn that hurt. but man does it sound good with new strings and a freshly lemon oiled board!

the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Re: wow that was quick

fuck those deep finger string stabs.

Comment

Yeah, I always string my floyds backwards so I don't have to deal with those sharp ends... but I ALWAYS stab myself when changing my acoustics... ALWAYS.

Comment

wow 2 hours?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Yeah, I always string my floyds backwards so I don't have to deal with those sharp ends... but I ALWAYS stab myself when changing my acoustics... ALWAYS.

[/ QUOTE ]

stringing a floyd backwards has to be the most simple but effective thing I have ever seen in guitar. I learned that trick about 12 years ago. not only do you not have to worry about string pokes, it looks nice and clean up there on the headstock. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            wow 2 hours?

[/ QUOTE ]
            well, let's just say I take my time and don't rush through. plus I conditioned the fretboard and let that lemon oil soak in on a couple applications also.

there may have been a kb break in there somewhere too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
            X