Things to do instead of smoking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do instead of smoking?

Trying to quit smoking. It's only been a year, but I figure quit while I haven't done much to myself, and it's only going to get harder. I just figure if I could find something to do when I'm generally smoking I'll be okay. I just don't know what! Suckers hurt my teeth, so that's not an option. I usually smoke when I drive, so what can a person do?

Why must smoking be bad for you? Anybody else having problems quitting?

Re: Things to do instead of smoking?

Start smoking pot!! Or play air-drums. Or sing. Or just breathe clean air and enjoy it!

Comment

Not sure what to do instead of smoking but think of all that extra money you will save to buy some new gear.
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Play your guitar instead. If you are driving, play air guitar [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I've been having a hell of a time quitting. I do fine for a week and then it gets bad. I've been keeping myself down to 2-3 smokes a day, but that last little bit hasn't been working for me.
          I plan on re-quitting again starting monday.

Driveing, after dinner, and boozing were my 2 biggest problem times. I bought a new car last spring and broke the driving habit. After dinner doesn't bother me too much anymore, I jsut have to leave the cold ones alone while I beat these damn things.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Driveing, after dinner, and boozing

[/ QUOTE ]
            Totally, those right there. And any time that I'm waiting for something. So far, I haven't got much worse than five a day, and now I'm doing two or three. Not a big cut, but whatever. I haven't had one yet today when normally I've already had two or three, and it's getting to me. I wasn't a heavy smoker to begin with, so I feel for any of those that were!

Comment

I've noticed that exercise and drinking water help a lot. It's been cold and rainy here so I haven't been inclined to run over the last week which isn't helping at all.

Comment

Yeah, being an Idahoan as well, I feel your pain! At least Boise's warmer. Idaho Falls still has a lot of snow. You think I wanna go run?

Fuck that!

Comment

I.F.?
                  Start chasing those mormon honies around instead of smoking. They sure are cute when they're young. To bad they usually don't age so well.

Comment

Man... I just quit like 3 weeks ago(again.) This time, I was having a really hard time with it. I decided to patch it with the 21mg patch inorder to soften the blow a little bit. I figure next week is when I will start working out again. Fuck, my lungs are going to jump out of my mouth and bitch slap me.

-Nate
                    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Smokimg for me is a matter of being bored and doing things that make me smoke and drink. Kinda of like being here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] All you have to do is change your routine and when the urge hits you just shine it on and go on to the task that you were doing. If you really want to quit, you will. My aunt smoked for 40 years bigtime. When she said she would stop, she did. Me, I smoke and drink because I can "handle" it. ( Not really). But, I never even got into drugs (a little pot, and I mean a little) because I know I have a additive predispostion. I can handle a few fags and vast quantities of beer or boxed wine. (Not really) . You have to know yourself. As to smoking a few cigs a day. Depending on where you live, you smoke two packs everyday you walk it the cities. Do you burn wood in your stoves? Anybody who is outside of your house inhales that smoke. Do you go camping and have a fire and just get clouded in smoke. Chimney smoke is a hazzard. Campfire smoke is a hazzard. Car smoke is a hazzard. Diesel smoke is a "Real" hazzard. As far as I am concerned, your lungs are getting trashed no matter what you do personally. Hell, I may get asbestousis because I worked at a tire shop in the '70's. I don't have a point here, other than I am so relieved on another matter. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Don't age so well?! What the hell you talkin' about!? They can't drink or smoke, if anything they age the best dude! Too bad they all get married at fuckin' 19. Then again, I can't complain as I almost got married last summer too. (And it would have been the single worst decision of my life having to live a full 80 years with that bitch!!!) Anyhoo...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I.F.?
                          Start chasing those mormon honies around instead of smoking. They sure are cute when they're young. To bad they usually don't age so well.

[/ QUOTE ] That, my man, is a very cheap shot. I won't get into it. (I am not a Mormon but my family is.) [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            I.F.?

[/ QUOTE ] That, my man, is a very cheap shot. I won't get into it. (I am not a Mormon but my
                            family is.) [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, just a poorly placed joke. It was a cheap shot. I brought something which I can't complain about at work here. I have issues with a few mormon folks and the fact that it's completely acceptable for them to vocally pass judgement at work, but if I attempt to argue any point trouble ensues.

Comment

I'd rather smoke than screw a mormon. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Kidding! Just saw fett dude get all fired up there and couldn't resist.
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X