Public 'apology' for the thread I made earlier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public 'apology' for the thread I made earlier

I made a thread in the general talk about JC guitars about how the inscriptions in French on the DeMartini guitars meant nothing. I was honestly hoping to interest a few people (On a forum as big as this, I'd have thought some people would be interested on the correct form, or at least laugh about it) and instead I got a lot of French jokes. I don't see what I did to warrant these, and I know my responses were not the most mature, and I am sorry for that. However I do not regret them, everything I said had a purpose. Don't read if you don't want a history lesson:

French are pussies:
    100,000 Frenchmen died defending our country from Germany during the invasion. Some of you feel that's joke worthy, ok, feel free.
    French surrendered:
    Yeah that one is true. One half of our country was held hostage so Petin chose to save the other half. Maybe some of you would have fought and let another 100,000 of our people die. Maybe not. Ah well we didn't have any army left though. Oh and Hitler himself said that he encountered more losses in Poland, The Netherlands, Belgium and France than he expected. But ok, we're cowards.
    French people hate American people:
    Ah that one's new. Now, I can't comment too much. But I can surely tell you that everyone in France when I lived there (5 and a half years ago) LOVE America. We're fascinated by the culture, by the cities, but its history. WE LOVE YOU!!! Stop saying we don't! We don't love you those who threw wine and French cheese away, we don't love those who invented the freedom fry (and believe me I laughed at that one). But we don't pick on the nation for that. At least not in what I heard, and I do believe I'm well enough placed to comment on that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    We have no respect for what the US did for us:
    Well back when I was in middle school, the biggest emphasis in WWII was placed on DDay. We went to the cemetary, the memorials, the museums... And as far as I know, all the schools who can do it do it. It's a bit of a tradition. Every 9th grade student (still middle school in France) expects to go to Caen to the museums as a field trip. Believe me, we KNOW what the allies did for us during WWII, and WWI. And we respect that, and we'll never stop thanking you. Trust me on that.
    Oh and in my history classes, we barely ever spent more than 20 minutes on Lafayette [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] How's that for respect and thankfullness?
    French girls don't shave their armpits:
    Eh... ok... I don't shave mines but I'm a guy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] and trust me, TRUST me, French girls do. And not just armpits.

Now believe me, I'm not a patriotic person at all. I am French, but I don't live in France. I didn't chose to have been born there, I see no reasons to care for my country other than just 'liking it'. I now live in Scotland and I chose it. By the way I think, it'd be the only country I could feel patriotic towards. But I just don't really care. I care for cultures and how to blend in. Languages and how to speak them (I'm trillingual with a couple of words in others, and learning another one now). I care for individual people, no matter what country they're form. I'd be the first to joke about France, trust me. But you don't see me taking cheap shot about the US when a thread is about US guitars or the English language. I'm asking those of you do take the cheap shots to respect that. This is a GUITAR forum, and as much as the next guy I'd love to keep it that way.
    Sorry if I offend anyone with this. But in my experience the history lesson is more than needed.

Re: Public \'apology\' for the thread I made earlier

The French bailed us out a long time ago. They were a tad tardy but they got here. They were pretty bad ass in the 1700's!
    They did "F" up regarding their posturing during the last few wars which is why we boo'd the French section at Epcot Center when we went there 3 years ago.
    French food sucks.. but thats my opinion.
    French wine is excellent. Especially Merlot.
    The language is beautiful.
    I like Canada and they are sort of French.
    French chicks are hot. Even the non-hot ones are hot.
    The French couldn't make a car to save their lives but they make cool planes.
    I always thought Mr. French was way cool!!
    I have always dug french fries.
    Whoever invented the French maid uniform is a friggin genius.
    French kissing is very cool too until you are married.

Comment

So, what does the guitar say?

Comment

ROCK ON about the planes man!!! I'm a plane geek and to me the Rafale is just THE ultimate fighter. And I agree with the cars [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Give me a 1970 Challenger over anything French.

I'm not married, how does French kissing get different? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

About the guitar: well it should say 'Too fast to live, too young to die' but it directly says 'too quick of live, too young of die' ...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          ROCK ON about the planes man!!! I'm a plane geek and to me the Rafale is just THE ultimate fighter. And I agree with the cars [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Give me a 1970 Challenger over anything French.

I'm not married, how does French kissing get different? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

About the guitar: well it should say 'Too fast to live, too young to die' but it directly says 'too quick of live, too young of die' ...

[/ QUOTE ]

It gets different when your married , because it dont happen [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Gotta love the translation on the guitar, hey it was the 80's

Comment

I miss everything...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I'm not married, how does French kissing get different?

[/ QUOTE ]

After you get married, it's no longer called french kissing, it's called marital flossing. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

hey pott, thanks for steppin up and being cool in this post. kudos to you, sir.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The French can certainly make great cars. They are a dominant force in the WRC and have made some of the greatest rally cars in the history of man.

I owned a Renault Alliance in 1992 that I paid $500 for. It wouldn't exceed 80 mph, but it got almost 40 mpg and it had cold A/C, and it was bulletproof. It survived hurricane Andrew in South Beach.

French food is delicious, as are their wines. I like Italian wines better...but that is me.

If the French had been able to assist the south, they may have won the civil war.

I love to French kiss...I think the French invented, or least popularized the greatest sexual act in history, the hummer.

I don't understand French cinema, but a French director did create the greatest automotive film in the history of man, Les Rendezvous. Of course, the car was a 275GTB4, but at least he had good enough taste to drive a Ferrari.

http://youtube.com/w/C%27etait-Un-Re...rch=Top%20Gear
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Hey Pott

I answered in that thread with a smilie . I didn't really mean that much by it , so I hope I didn't offend .
                    If I did , I apologise .

Mark
                    Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      The French can certainly make great cars. They are a dominant force in the WRC and have made some of the greatest rally cars in the history of man.

I owned a Renault Alliance in 1992 that I paid $500 for. It wouldn't exceed 80 mph, but it got almost 40 mpg and it had cold A/C, and it was bulletproof. It survived hurricane Andrew in South Beach.

French food is delicious, as are their wines. I like Italian wines better...but that is me.

If the French had been able to assist the south, they may have won the civil war.

I love to French kiss...I think the French invented, or least popularized the greatest sexual act in history, the hummer.

I don't understand French cinema, but a French director did create the greatest automotive film in the history of man, Les Rendezvous. Of course, the car was a 275GTB4, but at least he had good enough taste to drive a Ferrari.

http://youtube.com/w/C%27etait-Un-Re...rch=Top%20Gear

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct about the Civil War. Good thing they didn't. Slavery sucked although having the US Capitol in Richmond isn't too bad. Does that mean that Jefferson Davis would be on the 1 dollar bill. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I like French Fries! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I like French Fries! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But he REALLY LOVES French "Voz's" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

The language is beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when you have to hear it every damn day from people who live in English speaking Canada and are too lazy or too stupid to learn to speak English properly.

[ QUOTE ]

I like Canada and they are sort of French.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take that back you!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

French chicks are hot. Even the non-hot ones are hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because they are slutty. In a good way. At least that's what my friend from Quebec tells me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

The French couldn't make a car to save their lives but they make cool planes.

[/ QUOTE ]

They make pretty decent F1 cars, and I think the newer Renaults are actually pretty decent. What planes are you talking about? The only decent French plane I remember is the Mirage.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

French fries aren't french! We Belgians invented those! grrrrr! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X