get ready for the new "IRL"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get ready for the new "IRL"

Gene Simmons is putting his marketing brilliance to the sport...

Rock and Roll all nite

should give the league a real boost. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: get ready for the new \"IRL\"

I don't know about the guy in the middle but, there is atleast 2 arrogant ******* losers in that pic. IMHO

Comment

Can't wait to see all the drivers w/ their KISS face paint. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BTW - any IRL fans on here? I can't wait for racing to start up again!

Comment

The IRL can rot in hell.

They ruined american open wheel racing.

I have never watched a race, including Indy, since they broke from, and subsequently destroyed, CART.

Gee, what is a better approach for America's version of Formula 1? Stock block based cars that are slower and less sophisticated, or cutting edge cars that showcase modern development? Yeah, let's go with the stock block based cars that cost less to own and operate, and also perform maybe 70% as well as the prior dominant formula. Sounds like a plan.

Fuck them.

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
            Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

IRL exists only to lower the competition with NASCAR. Bill France convinced the guy that started the IRL to split from CART thus weakening any fan base the series had. He basically divided and is now conquering open wheeled racing. Pretty smart really, but a total shame.

Comment

Nascar has just about turned into WWE wrestling on wheels, it is controlled and manipulated to ensure the highest level of "entertainment" possible without literally "fixing" a race.
                I have hated Tony George and the IRL for years, but CART was really messed up and something had to be done, but to start another series was not the right solution, and it has indeed killed open wheel racing in america, But then again Tony has done some good things as well, the Brickyard 400 and F1 (last years tire fiasco was not his fault) The only hope is to combine the series and that is a ways off still. Put 20 pounds and a boob job on Danika Patrick and put her in a go-go cage on stage with KISS and then you might have something.
                I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

What america needs is a WRC event. They were considering making Cherokee Trails a WRC event, but I don't think it came to pass. We need to be exposed to alternative forms of racing, not just cars with open wheels or cars with "bodies" going in circles. I am a complete car fanatic, and I cannot stand to watch NASCAR, or IRL. Seeing it in person is different, because it is a much more visceral experience. That is why I love drag racing.

The greatest "race" currently being held in America is Pikes Peak. You need all you skills, and balls the size of a beanbag for that race.

Mike

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me one bit, if the fights and swearing incidents weren't orchestrated in some way.

I have tried so hard to like Nascar but just can't do it. It's so damn boring. IRL is the same.

At least CART has some road courses.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

It amazes me to hear people refer to Nascar drivers as the best in the world, Stewart and Gordon, could probably qualify to some extent, But Yeah, WRC is frigging great, these are the best drivers in the world, and NHRA is awesome, live its unreal!!!
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

The saloon car racing that they do in Europe is cool as is WRC. The NHRA is my thing, I love drag racing. NASCAR is okay but it is becoming so homogonized it is getting boring. Speed channel is starting to pander to NASCAR so much now that you miss all the good Euro stuff because of when they show it.

Comment

I like Nascar, it is entertaining and does take skill. I can't watch open wheeled racing. It's just so hard to get into. I do like Schumacher but he's really the only one I know. OWR is to auto sports what Soccer is to human sports... The rest of the world loves it but it just doesn't catch on here. I do believe the split is the main reason for that though... I too, would like to see WRC here in the states. That shits just friggin crazy! The only thing I don't like about it is the format they use when broadcasting...ie..not live, no large field view (rarely anyway) and not enough camera views!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            It amazes me to hear people refer to Nascar drivers as the best in the world, Stewart and Gordon, could probably qualify to some extent, But Yeah, WRC is frigging great, these are the best drivers in the world, and NHRA is awesome, live its unreal!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, WRC drivers are the best in the world, hands down. Competition on every surface, in all conditions and with a very, very high level of danger. Probably the greatest drivers to ever walk the earth were those brave souls that conquered Group B rally cars of the '80s. The ultimate machines.

However, at last year's Race of Champions, the good 'ole boys from the U.S. beat up on the European rally champs. Yep, Gordon out-rallied the rally pros. I think Gordon really has universal talent. However, there is too much cash in NASCAR for him to ever jump ship. He could do open wheel though, I can assure you.

I would love to see some Saloon racing over here, or better yet..Aussie V-8 Supercar racing. Bring in the Falcons and the Holdens. I think Americans would really embrace that form of racing. Big V-8 thunder on road courses, REAL cars that you can buy and drive, and plenty of paint swappin'. It is a recipe for success.

Mike

Comment

WRC is VERY popular here. A LOT of young kids have expensive rally cars and are competeing all the time.
                              But it's nothing compared what's going on in Finalnd. The world's most serious car fannatics live there. Awsome car tuning/modding engineers and THE BEST DRIVERS IN THE WORLD PERIOD. They are absolutely amazing with everything wich has an engine. Little kids drive like a true pros there.
                              Juha Kankkunen and Tommy Makkinen absolutely pissed on every other driver in WRC, they dominated all the time.
                              Rally is a VERY scary sport, you are driving on a very narrow rode very fastly and you never know what happens on the curves. The only thing sucks is that you don't compete with the other drivers side by side.

Formula one was awsome until Senna died. After that it got worse every year. A couple of years ago you reall didn't need any skills, the cars were literally roborts, they did everything. It sucked ass. Now things have gotten a little bit better again but I think it still sucks ass. What a bunch of poser crap.

US has some really good superbike and Moto GP drivers, they are one of the best with British, Italians and Aussies.
                              Dunno about motocross, US roads have insane jumps and stuff but Europe drivers are so fucking fast and have insane technology, look at those Belgian dudes for example, it is pretty scary how effortlessy the demolish everyone.
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X