Finder's Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finder\'s Keepers

I meant go to Mexico for about a half hour and then drive like the wind right back to Black Crowes Beach [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

couldn't you buy Mexico for 500k? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dude will go claim the money at the police dept. they'll arrest him because they found coke traces on the cash...

I'd probably just turn it in, but thats just me.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

They turned it in and "won". The judge was a "Real Nice Guy". And the sheriff will just have to keep up his "speed traps". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] For just about forever. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'd vote the dummy out of office for losing this one.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

> My boy Larry and myself were walking into a mall in Memphis,on our way to a 3 day pool tournament. It was colder than shit,as it was about a week before Christmas. Larry steps on what he thought was an empty bank envelope,and could feel that it had something in it,so he stopped me. He moved his foot,and I bent down like I was tying my shoe and stuffed it into my pant leg,and we went back to his car to investigate. We practically shit ourselves,opening the envelope to find a fresh bank-wrapped 10,000 stack,with 4 bills missing. There were absolutely NO thoughts about asking random people "hey is this your money?". We split it equally,and wore Sean John velour all weekend,and made Christmas phat as HELL. We even made a 1000 dollar donation to Chimes For Charity in the name of Peter North. Whoever lost that money had to be just sick at their stomach,but if they can afford to a bank and get a full stack of 100's like that,especially with the IRS paperwork for such a transaction taking 3-4 days,they can do it again. In the rare times I've been caught slipping and had something stolen,or lost something of value,especially money,I didn't have a miracle fall in my lap and bring my stuff back,in my mind this was fate getting me back to where I'm only about 1000 stuck now. Tommy D.
          "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            If for some strange ungodly reason you do find that kind of money, you probably would want to turn it in. First off, 500K is not really going to support you for the rest of your life, so a B-line to Mexico would mean a B-line back in 5 years after you blow all your money in Cancun. Second, odds are anyone who had that much money in a back pack was selling drugs and would have no intention of trying to claim it. Third, you would now have a legitimate claim to the money and wouldn't be trying to explain to the IRS how your $35K a year job got you over $200K worth of stuff in 5 years.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things

First if you had any self control 500K could be one hell of an insurance policy/supplement to your every day salary. Just think, paying for every dinner/movie/xmas present out that fund ( or beer ).

Second, the bad guys do know know where it is and they may come wanting it back.

Comment

I believe they'll pay what, 46% tax on that?

Duh, I'm with Hammer. Self control, and some easy times ahead would have been my gig...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I believe they'll pay what, 46% tax on that?

Duh, I'm with Hammer. Self control, and some easy times ahead would have been my gig...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about right. It's an increasing scale till it hits 250K then it's 50% after that. Keep that in mind next time you think the rich have it made, try taking 1/2 your salary off the top just for taxes.

Self control: It would be really hard to filter in 500K into your normal routine and not raise suspicion.

Matt

Comment

You keep that shit and you slowly launder it out, in the event that it was part of a bank robbery or the such. You do not deposit it in your bank, you pay for small items with large bills and launder it through getting clean change. When it is fully laundered, you invest it in a safe bet, and you buy a new GT40 as well. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I could easily fit 500k into my budget and do just fine, haha...

Comment

Working...
                    X