No announcement yet.

What's the best way...? (ebay related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best way...? (ebay related)

There's something I want on the bay. It is listed with no BIN but I want it. What's the best way to ask the guy if he'll sell it for a certain price and stop the auction? I've never tried to backdoor anything. If I send him a question through ebay, will it show up and I get ass reamed?

Re: What\'s the best way...? (ebay related)

I always just ask if there's a "buy it now" price. Since that's a normal feature on the 'bay you can always plead ignorance if they get huffy about it.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Hmm, I'll try that. I'm also open to other suggetions. I've never backdoored anything (well, once but that had nothing to do with ebay) and I would hate to lose out on the thing.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Hmm, I'll try that. I'm also open to other suggetions. I've never backdoored anything (well, once but that had nothing to do with ebay) and I would hate to lose out on the thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good question and I like the answer you got.
        I've asked sellers a couple of times and it is awkward.

Good luck.
        Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
        Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          There's something I want on the bay.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">that's a nice one, isn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I've done that a couple times as well and the sellers always came back with what they thought a fair BIN price would be asking me what I thought about it. Sometimes I counter offer if it's really high or take my chances in the bidding but if it's fair or even a little high and I really want it I'll go ahead with it. I don't know how to do it but one even setup a private BIN auction that only I could see. Also, it's up to the seller as to wether or not your question and his answer gets posted to the public.

Comment

Well, he responded with the exact number I had in mind, so that's a good thing. I just need to find out how much they could be had for new, and then I can go from there.

Comment

How about a link? (after things are go)
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

everything worked out

I'll start another thread about it so everyone knows what was going on.

Comment

Working...
                  X