Red-eye help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red-eye help

Ok, talking about pictures. Anyone know of or have an app for digital pics that takes the red-eye out of photos quickly? I have photoshop and tried a plug in called red eye pilot and it worked great but it wont let you save the results unless you pay. Anyone use anything free thats any good. And no, Im not interested in a tutorial of how to do it manually in Photoshop, too much work. Im looking for a few clicks and its done.

Re: Red-eye help

Some of the cameras have the red eye reduction function integrated. Check you camera if you have the flash option, when the flash mildly blinks for several times betwen the focus and shot. That's the eye reduction function.

Comment

For some reason I thought this thread was going to be about Taco Bell and Beer.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000, which was part of Office 2000 Premium only had a great automatic red-eye eliminator. Not free, but you should be able to get it now for a few $ if you don't already have it.

Comment

if you're on windows, this is probably the best value (no, i don't work for msft) for photo editing.

http://www.microsoft.com/products/im...s.aspx?pid=002

much cheaper than photoshop elements. however, i'm pretty sure you can download a trial copy of photoshop elements and do it for this one project.

if you have access to a mac, the included iPhoto program does this quite nicely.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

photoshop :

select the eye, desaturate. done.

Comment

addendum:

use indirect flash to reduce the red-eye as well.. even something as simple as an index card angling the flash helps wonders.

Comment

Hey, thanks for all the ideas. Its weird, I never had this problem before with the red-eye. I took a bunch of nice embarrassing pictures at the work Christmas party the other night and for some reason most of them have the red-eye. Maybe its because so many pupils were extremely dialated at the time. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I have office 2000 but I guess its not the premium edition as I dont recall any Photodraw program. I have "Picture it!" floating around somewhere, I wonder if it has something for this. I will have to look into this a bit more. Once again, thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                X