Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping from the USA to Canada

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I traded a JCF bro my PRS for 2 guitars. He shipped both guitars in 1 box. Not only did I get BANGED by USPS when I shipped my guitar from fuckin Connecticut to Canada which isn't even far... but I got hit with a mutha fuggin $60.00 duties/ broker fee from UPS for the package that he sent to me. This sucks ass. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Re: Shipping from the USA to Canada

It sucks even worse shipping to the US. I traded a JCF bro 2 guitars for a PRS. I shipped both guitars in 1 box. Not only did I get BANGED by UPS when I shipped my guitar from fuckin Canada to Conneticut for $175 which isn't even far... but I got hit with a mutha fuggin $180.00 duties/ broker fee from USPS for the package that he sent to me. This sucks ass.

Comment

And I thought I got screwed with the fees!!! We need to open up the border between Canada and the USA. Its crazy to have to spend so much money to ship something 10 hours away!!
      I do like Niagara Falls though!

Comment

UPS sucks!! that's the problem.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I always experience the same thing as Accept2. Canadians have it MUCH worse than Americans when receiving stuff from international sellers in terms of those stupid courier duty/broker fees.

I bought my ESP/Edwards Les Paul Custom from a Japanese seller, and was hit with a stupid fee. All the American JCFers who have bought ESP/Edwards guitars from Japanese sellers DIDN'T get hit with any extra fees of any sort. Canada always gets it much worse.

And I agree with John, we DEFINITELY need to open up the border between Canada and the USA. For some reason, I learned in high school that NAFTA was supposed to cover that, but it was a long time ago and I probably misheard that.

95% of all things I buy online are from American sellers. I REALLY like dealing with you guys but the extra fees are starting to slowly drain me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

if sent VIA USPS, there are no brokerage fee's. There are taxes though.

I've been in Canada all along and after buying 25 guitars over the board and Ebay, DONT ASK how much I have paid in fee's. Dont ASK how much I have chipped in the shipping cost to make it more appealing to sell a guitar.

However, once in a while I get lucky and the seller will ship insured to me with a low value. Like I just bought a wolfgang for 600$, and the guy declared it for a low amount and sent via USPS ground. Took a while to get here, but I paid NOTHING to receive the guitar. Same thing for a 1200$ drum set I purchased. However, taking that insurance risk is scary!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't ship ANYTHING international with UPS. UPS brokerage fee's are brutal. USPS will have the Canadan VAT applied which is 16 or 17% if I recall but much better than UPS.

What happened to NAFTA ??

Comment

So is the USPS the best way to ship to Canada, then?

Comment

Travis, yes. Plain and simple. Ive never had ONE problem with them, (20+ guitars via USPS with no damage)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    So is the USPS the best way to ship to Canada, then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

Comment

Travis, I generally request USPS from my American sellers as well. My Mesa amp that I bought from an American Ebayer was shipped with USPS and the fee was a LOT LESS than the typical UPS fee for something of that price.

Comment

Dammit... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X