Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can get PAID to play guitar??

Damn, who knew...
    Seriously, I got a call yesterday afternoon from someone who remembered I had a band (I guess "networking" does pay)
    and she told me that a local bar had their band bail out on them for last night. Talk about last minute..so when the guys got here for practice we went over and talked to them, got the gig, and had a great show. Then, after we were done the gave us MONEY!! Ok, didn't pay a lot, but I got paid to play my guitar...I'm in heaven. It was just a great night. Then the owner liked us well enough, she wants to work us into the regular rotation. We should play there every couple of months or so.
    I'm just excited.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: You can get PAID to play guitar??

Excellent!!! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] Congrats, that is a cool story! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Isn't that a great feeling, Jeri?!

Congrats! Will there be more gigs?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I remember the last time I got paid to play... it does feel great. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
        Enjoy every moment of it. You've definately earned it. Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Isn't that a great feeling, Jeri?!

Congrats! Will there be more gigs?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

"Then the owner liked us well enough, she wants to work us into the regular rotation. We should play there every couple of months or so."
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

i love playing out, money or no. but when money comes into play, especially unexpectedly, its always a cool blessing!

glad for your good fortunes, Jeri!!!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] Congrats on getting paid to play! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Congratulations! Now you KNOW you kick ass, the crowd and club owner have affirmed this! Great feeling, isn't it?
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Congrats Jeri!!

See that!...I told you I thought you guys were going to have major potential, and go places!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Dooood. Jeri! Right on, sista!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks everyone. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

What you did was show the powers involved that on very short notice you were available to do a gig and that is a very big PLUS.

Matt

Comment

Congrats Jeri. The more you guys play out, the more this will happen. When we played out, we had a bunch of bars that we alternated between. A lot of times bands cancelled on short notice and the owners called us to fill in. Sometimes we could, other times not. Always had a good time and got paid. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

right on, lemme know when and where and I'll come check ya'll out.
                              I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Working...
                              X