Batman Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman Begins

I went and rented this tonight. I didn't see it in the theaters. what an awesome movie. My wife and i really enjoyed. They did an awesome job on it. So much better than any of the other batman movies. Highly recommended,

Re: Batman Begins

By far the best one out of the bunch...

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

While it was great, there still has never been a perfect Batman movie............

Comment

best batman movie ever
        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

My buddy lent me his copy and my wife and I also watched it last night. What a great movie. By far the best one so far. Much darker which is, IMO much better. I like the tie in with the Joker at the end. Can't wait to see the next one.

I liked the first Batman, but it was too comical. I love Tim Burton's work, but it's just didn't seem right for that movie. It's like, it worked for the Joker (JN was awesome), but not the rest of the movie. The other ones sucked IMO.

This is the one to see!
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

It's next on my netflix queue.

I should have it by Thursday!

THanks for the reviews~~
            Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
            Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

It is indeed an amazing movie. Being the Batman freak and lifelong fan I am I really enjoyed the movie most from a writing and characterization standpoint. David Goyer is one of the few good screenwriters in Hollywood, he's got a keen understanding of plot, theme and characterization that are second to non.

I really enjoy the references to established Batman books that fans take as definative works regarding him. References to The Dark Knight Returns, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Batman Year One that really get to his essentials.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

The movie was OK, but the casting? Christian Bale and Katie Holmes? Come on!

Comment

Just watched it. Movie OK. Cast OK except for Christian. For some reason whenever he put on the suit, he thought he had to sound like Cookie Monster. Hey, maybe he is the lead singer for Dimu Borgir.-Lou
                  " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

SPOILER ALERT (stop reading this post if you haven't seen the movie)...

OK, i couldn't get past the plot twist where the brotherhood who save and train bruce (in a way that is very compelling and inspiring) turn into his enemy because bruce wouldn't execute a convicted killer...which btw is the most smarmy hollywood cliche to demonstrate to the audience "he's REALLY a good guy...he won't kill a guy even though he deserves it." [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] At that point, I thought bruce was just a big fuckin pussy.

And, in fact, the brotherhood's goals and methods are not all that bad imo. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Certainly not enough to make me hate them as a member of the audience watching this unfold.

No, I didn't read the comic or the novels, so I just kind of scratched my head at this plot development. The plot line and character development just didn't zing me at all. Just thought it was pretty weak fiction. Just my 2 cents.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

you're oversimplifying what happened. They didn't become his enemies because he refused to execute a murderer. He refused, they explained their plot to destroy Gotham, he fought them to escape and burnt down their dojo in the process.

They shared the same goal, to eradicate evil, but their methods & ideologies differed. The brotherhood wanted to cut the cancer out whereas Bruce wanted to heal the city he (and his parents) loves. When he refused to adopt the brotherhoods methods, they decided he was an obstacle to their plans.

I thought the movie was very well done and the plot around Ra's and the brotherhood added depth to the story rather than your usual black-and-white good guys/bad guys plotline.

Lou, I thought Newc had a good theory about Batman's changing voice when the movie first came out. He suggested that as this whole Batman persona was new to Bruce, he was experimenting with disguising his voice to protect his identity. You can hear how his voice changes as the movie develops. I'm sure by the next movie, he'll have it sorted [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Damn, now I wish I would've seen this at the theater when I had the chance. It was even playing at the dollar theater last month! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

his voice changes cos of the whole batman persona.. he's not to be identified as bruce when he's batman. i thought that was pretty easy to understand.

and i think christian bale was good as batman

saw it in the theater twice hehe
                          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Cool, I think I will rent that puppy. I like Michael Keaton as Batman, but thought Val Kilmer was a tool.

Matt

Comment

I loved this movie. Far better than the shit versions that came before it with all the half assed actors trying to be Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X