Where's the White Sox Thead???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the White Sox Thead???

As much as this title is for Shoeless, this title is for Frank Thomas. For almost 15 years he has been the best in the MLB, with no Steroids. Him and Griffey are the best for the past 20 years, fuck bonds and sosa. It's all about them. Being from Seattle Griffey and Frank were the mantle and AAron of my day. I don't think I've seen so many gams the past 20 years involving these guys then anyone else. Remember the 1 st game in 96 where Frank hit a homer in his 1st AB?? or Griffey's 56 that year??? no Juice
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: Where\'s the White Sox Thead???

I want to be in south Chicago this weekend for sure!

Comment

WTG Sox [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

this rules. in chicago champion celebration tradition, i was gonna go looting, but i'm all by myself. not as much fun that way.

in all seriousness, this brings up memories of going to old comiskey with my dad, poring over my baseball card collection when i was a kid, the 1983 "winning ugly" season when they almost made it to the series, arguing with cub fans about why the cubs suck like a brand new shop vac, standing at old comiskey's memorialized home plate at new comiskey and getting a chill and a strong sense of history, taking my son to sox games in new comiskey (one of them being a sox vs/ cubs game. sox won, natch) and taking 1/2 days and going to games with maddog. guys like harold baines. greg luzinski. carlton fisk. tom paciorek. ron kittle. jerry hairston. lamarr hoyt. ozzie guillen. frank. bo jackson. black jack mcdowell. robin ventura. carlos lee. maggs.

i know that my dad is probably flipping out right now. while he got to see them play the dodgers in 1959, he, like me, had never lived to see them as world champions until now. that's pretty cool.

it pains me a little to admit that i got a bit more satisfaction from the red sox winning last year, but one thing that i didn't get with that victory was the memories that i have with this year's victory. what an amazing two baseball seasons.

i truly can die happy.

...provided that the cubs never win the series in my lifetime.

go sox.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          ...provided that the cubs never win the series in my lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know............Sox last year,......Sox this year,......looks like Cubs next year. (comes in threes).

Soon. all we'll have to hear about is the drought the Tampa Bat Devil Rays have been in. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

nah, then that'd mean that the far inferior national league would have to win a series! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Actually, I never liked the American League. That whole DH thing is a cop out. Where do all the old players go when they cant play the field anymore? To the AL to DH. Prolly where Piazza is headed. I think it takes away a whole aspect of the game if the coach doesnt have to decide whether or not to pinch hit for his pitcher at a crucial time in a game. I think its easier to coach in the AL because of this. But Houston still couldnt buy a run for 15 straight innings, dh or not. Geez. That was painful to watch.

Comment

Congrats Sox
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

heh...the NL is where old AL pitchers go to die b/c the hitting usually isn't as good. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i understand the argument somewhat, but really, making a pitcher bat is pretty much conceding an out. why bother if you don't have to? or, to go on a different route, why is it accepted that pitchers are allowed to be shitty hitters? while it may be potentially easier to coach an AL team (never having coached either, i have no idea), the NL screams of "making do with what we've got" imo. people suggest that all the pinch hitting and double switching is crafty and exciting, but i think that's what NL teams and fans use as a defense. the DH, imo, is progress! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    heh...the NL is where old AL pitchers go to die b/c the hitting usually isn't as good. i understand the argument somewhat, but really, making a pitcher bat is pretty much conceding an out. why bother if you don't have to? or, to go on a different route, why is it accepted that pitchers are allowed to be shitty hitters? while it may be potentially easier to coach an AL team (never having coached either, i have no idea), the NL screams of "making do with what we've got" imo. people suggest that all the pinch hitting and double switching is crafty and exciting, but i think that's what NL teams and fans use as a defense. the DH, imo, is progress!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.......gotta go with the DH. Ain't nothing worse than seeing a pitcher who can't swing a bat any better than my sister (and look like her doing it). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Having the bases loaded with two outs and your pitcher coming to bat is as exciting as get ready to have an orgasm and you open your eyes only to be staring in the face of the landlord lady in Kingpin. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

baseball is fixed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

holy crap; donF and i agreed on something!!!! i think the world just spun off of its axis! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          holy crap; donF and i agreed on something!!!! i think the world just spun off of its axis!

[/ QUOTE ]

We could blame it on Global Warming,...... [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually, there's no looting here. The papers are reporting that all is relatively calm on the south side.

I took this picture from my phone the other night.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

This is from the Tribune... When I saw this the first thing I though... "Steeeeeeeeeve Perry! You shoulda been gooooone!!"

Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X