Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in 20 years from now....

hey guys and gals,
    I was just reading a couple of threads about some of your favorite 80's Charvels and Kramers, you're all very attached to them, and often seem to feel that you can't get anything (regardless of brand) of a newer build date which is as good as the old ones, and it got me thinking. (impressive, yeah I know [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
    In 20 years from now, are we going to be sitting here, going on and on about how great those new millenium FMIC Jacksons/Charvels were, until ACME Inc. bought J/C and the quality has gone down, you can only get a Wile Coyote paintjob, Mike Shannon is retired etc. etc. ? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

is the psychological "affectional value" of these guitars greater than the actual value/feel/mojo/craftsmanship, because you grew up watching rock stars playing strathead Charvels, Kramer banana headstock models etc. ?

or is it simply the holy grail of guitars, and that I ought to scour the internet to get me a san dimas strathead even if it costs me 2 or 3 thousand dollars?

what do you think??? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit: maybe I should've posted in the general section, but what the hell! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: in 20 years from now....

it could cost you a lot more depending on the axe. pay the money if it's a magic one.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

In 20 years from now, I hope to be marrying my third wife. She was probably born about 5 years ago. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

wow, that sparked a lot of interest [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          In 20 years from now, I hope to be marrying my third wife. She was probably born about 5 years ago. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I resemble that remark. I keep telling my sister that I'm not married because it's still illegal for me to sleep with women half my age. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

First off, in 20 years, I will be dead. In the interim, I will buy guitars as I see them. They will be cheap so I can buy a whole bunch. I will cherish each and everyone of the cheap ones knowing that someone will pay thousands of dollars for a guitar that my cheapos will beat. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
            X