Travelin' geetars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelin' geetars

Three weeks to go til I'm outta here and I've finally chosen which of my guitars to take with me: the mutt and my Fender ADS. I'm shipping the mutt and handcarrying the Fender. Here's my question for those of you who've flown with guitars: What are my chances of being able to take the Fender on board and storing it in one of the extra storage areas they have on the aircraft? I've talked to the airlines but I didn't get a full-blown warm fuzzy from them. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Re: Travelin\' geetars

I have talked to them about that in the past. It depends on the airline. Some tell you that you have to buy a seat or check it. However, I have seen lots of guys bring guitars on the plane. It may be worth it to try then if they don't let you they can check it with the strollers and baby seats. They bring those right to you after you land so it wouldn't go through all the standard kicking and jumping on luggage.

Comment

I'm always flying and always taking a guitar with me. Usually I take my Model 6 with me in a gig bag. It fits in the overhead. Only once did the stewardess take it and put it up front.
      I'll be taking off to Georgia in 2 weeks, then Saipan (23 hr flight), and I will be accompanied by my Charvel.

I wouldn't recommend a hard case to travel with, though you may still find room.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Wear your uniform and ask politely, they'll probably go easy on you.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

<font color="yellow">Mark...I have an Anvil Flight case if you end up needing one bro....it will have to be checked baggage, and it's heavy....but you're welcome to use it.

Lemme know bro [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Wear your uniform and ask politely, they'll probably go easy on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm flying commercial vs. gov charter flight that we usually take so I really, really, really don't want to be walking through Middle Eastern airports wearing DCUs. Might as well put a big ole target on my back. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              <font color="yellow">Mark...I have an Anvil Flight case if you end up needing one bro....it will have to be checked baggage, and it's heavy....but you're welcome to use it.

Lemme know bro [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Chances are good that I'll take ya up on that, Sam. I was planning on coming to see you guys before I left anyway. If it was a short flight, I wouldn't sweat it so much if I had to check it. But I'll be taking 3 separate flights; way too much opportunity for the gorillas to do their damage. I'll call ya. Do you have your cell while at Camp Lejeune during the week?

Comment

<font color="yellow">Mark..check your PM box [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Working...
                X