Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having this Outlook Express issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having this Outlook Express issue?

Lately I've been getting emails that are combined into one email. If I open an email's Properties>Message Source option, I find several different emails inside, some of which aren't directed to me or my Dad, but are mostly legitimate emails from what I've seen.
    A lot of times they contain the International Money Scams and a few PayPal/Credit Card/Ebay account scams, but they also contain emails I've been expecting like PayPal notices (payment sent, etc) and a response from Ikebe for the black NASL. The last one was buried inside my Equifax email I get regularly.

One important thing I should mention is that my Norton's Internet Worm Protection is outdated, and when I try to update it, it is marked with an X and says it cannot be updated.

I'm tempted to uninstall Norton and reinstall it as I've seen on a few tech sites regarding this particular problem, but if there's a worm and Norton's not installed, I'm concerned the worm will get further embedded or inhibit a reisntall, or I'd end up with the same problem altogether.

I've scanned my desktop with my laptop's Norton through a network setup, but I'm sure system files were overlooked for security reasons.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Anyone else having this Outlook Express issue?

outlook express is an issue [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Agreed, use Thunderbird

http://www.mozilla.org/products/

ypu'll be much happier I think.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

My Outlook express is very GAY..

John is going to install a different program ...because this crap is way too GAY!!!

Not that I mind if some people are gay...I just don't want me or my things being Gay..that's not too unreasonable....right???!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ok, barring the Anti-Microsoft sentiment, anyone have any legitimate ideas?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Ive never had ANY problems with OE at all, going on years now. I would first backup your old mail files so you have them. Then ininstall your security stuff and uninstall OE using add/remove windows components, then reinstall it. Should take care of it!
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Just tried un/re-installing OE.
              Same problem.

My laptop's doing it too. I'm assuming it's an SP2 issue, or my server's going bonkers.

Comment

Scan with something besides Norton..??
                The Buzzard does not fear
                The man in riot gear
                Harvest a skull of stone
                The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I suppose the Server could be amping out.

Interesting...

Comment

Working...
                  X