Taking Pictures of Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Pictures of Bands

What would I need to do to be allowed to have a camera @ live shows and be able to go into the front and take pictures? I'm talking about big bands at venues.

I want to start up a website of live band photos and stuff.

If I make one and call the areas that the band is playing and tell them I'm from soandso.com or whatever.

Is that how it works?

Re: Taking Pictures of Bands

I'm not totally sure. Usually you can talk to the venue about getting a press pass. If its local band shows, usually they don't care. I always liked websites like that, my favorite was thistimeitswar.com, which is archived on www.notpopular.com in the media section.

Comment

Re: Taking Pictures of Bands

The best way to do it is to call the venue and ask for a photo pass or a press pass and they will tell you what the requirements to get one are. Depending on the size of the band you want to take pictures of, that will be the main factor in determining whether or not you get permission. If you have a legitimate website and something of a reputation, getting in touch with the band's label about a week in advance is a good way to get a photo pass as well. Be ready to awnser some questions when asking for your pass. Labels and bands like free promotion, and if you have a high traffic website, many smaller and medium-sized bands would really like the exposure. However, larger labels like to be very protective of their interests and if you ask to take photos of say, Paul McCartney or someone, you will probably have a greater degree of difficulty. If you just want a website of pics of bands like Shadows Fall and Nevermore, the bands and labels will most likely be just fine with that.

Comment

Working...
      X