Sheesh, yesterday sucked....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheesh, yesterday sucked....

So I woke up on the 12th to find that the hosting for my 3 websites were down. I log on, and find out that my web hosting had a server crash and had no ETA on being fixed.

I drive to work and get stuck in an hours worth of traffic.

Work was a really slow day and I spent the whole day on a wild hunt for a specific driver for a 5 year old motherboard from a no-name company that no longer exists.

I leave work and it was a little bit wet outside and just raining a little (common for Fall / Winter in the Seattle area). For some reason everyone forgot how to properly drive and it ended up taking me 30 minutes to drive about a mile west to a park and ride on a normal road, and guess what.. No accidents, people were just being stupid and driving really, really slow.

Then it takes two hours in heavy traffic to get to band practice, we start strapping on our guitars, I go and flip the power of my JCM800 on and I hear a somewhat loud "POP!" So I power down and double check everything, wait a bit, power back on, take it off stand by and........

.... Nothing! Look behind the amp, one power tube is doing its standard glow, the other one isn't doing anything and there ain't any heat being produced from that one... So it looks like I blew a tube.

So I get stuck playing a crappy solid state Marshall VST100 or something like that for the rest of the day, dealing with really really shrill and thin tone.

[/whine]

Also, I got back from practice to find a number that I didn't recognize had called me. I google it to find that it was coming from a mental health center (you know, one of those places where people go when they have big time mental breakdowns)... So I start thinking to myself "Maybe one of my friends went crazy..."

Bleh.

Anyone have one of those days where you just can't get a break?

Re: Sheesh, yesterday sucked....

I know , you have to give some days give the finger , and say fuck you!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Should have stopped at the prefered neighborhood watering hole and drown the day.
      WTF!! at least get something out of it.

Today will be better.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

does anyone have a day where they get a break?
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Sounds like my life since the 1st day of October. If I can get through this month I can handle anything.

Comment

Working...
          X