In This River by BLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In This River by BLS

I don't know how many of ya have heard this song, but a live version has been posted on a website, and I've gotta say, it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. So much more powerful live with all the changes/improvisions. Can't wait to see em at the end of the month now. Here's the link, it's playing at the upper right hand corner of the window

http://www.sdmfworldwide.com/home.htm

- Irf -

Re: In This River by BLS

Am i the only one who finds the video disgustingly tacky and cheesy?

Comment

Eh...BLS and Zakk bore me to tears.

I can't wait for a real, totally new, totally original guitar hero to emerge in the rock world.

Comment

The video and the song doesn't impress me much. I like wylde though, yeah.....not exactly an exciting guitar player, kinda on the boring side but i dig him

Comment

"I can't wait for a real, totally new, totally original guitar hero to emerge in the rock world."

Chuck , There are new orinal guitar "heroes" out there that took playing to new heights never seen before..They are not promoted or known. I can name a few that you would prolly see as possible "hero" calibre , if you trust me and check into them.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I turned a few here onto some and made believers out of them

I know just about every shredder out there..I research and digged underground for this talent for many years and discovered quite a few...it an obssession I have.

If they were on the radio and or promoted like most new music. They would be well known and worshipped by many.

Jeff Loomis is one of mine..what he is doing is quite incredible and original IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

BTW .."In This River" ..I love Zakk , but thought it sucked soon as it reacehed my ears. His voice is toast on it for one and is uninspiring and boring IMO.

Bill
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Marcel Coenen is another guitarist who should be bigger than he is. Shawn Lane should of been bigger than he was.

I like In This River, i think the video is a bit cheesy though.
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

As a guitarist, I think he's pretty good. It all depends on what your use to listening to. I didn't grow up with rock, so when lead guitar hit me a few years ago, I started hearing how guitarists played (Dime with his bluesy leads, EVH tapping, all of these new guitarist with their 3-4 note lick phrases), but Zakk was the first guy I heard who played those 2 note pentatonic licks. It had a different timing and groove from those other licks, so he stands out to me as being one of my favorites. I know there are a lot of others out there who are great, but seeing how I'm not a great player, I can't take away anything that guy has accomplished by saying he's not good. But the point was to check out the live version of the song, he dosen't only use those same licks and phrases I've heard from him before, I felt it was really one of those perfect moments in his music. Jeff Loomis though, as I've learned from Bill is a freakin monster of a player. Such a shame when people who deserve it don't get the proper recognition, but guys who are marketable get all the attention and get pushed on these younger kids who think Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit are great bands when they aren't even the tip of the iceberg. Their like the salt in the water if even [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i've seen it played live with like 3 or 4 solos from zakk using the bullseye razorback- it lasted nearly quarter of an hour and the crowds reaction was amazing - the whole crowd was chanting 'Dime, Dime...' for at least 5 mins.

Comment

agreeing with bill - his voice has gone off the boil alot in recent years - too much booze - hangover vol6 was a letdown coz his voice can't hack that style anymore. the best one is the live version of spoke in the wheel IMO

Comment

I dunno, I'm all into the harshness of vocals. I grew up with some real singers (listening to country, oldies), so again, for someone to break away from that is just great for me. Phil Anselmo's voice was amazing on CFH, but at the end some would say it sucked, but it just added a raw intensity to the music rather than a polished and very controlled intensity. I do agree Zakk's vocals were amazing early on though, I loved Book of Shadows (I think that's what it was, I'm confusing 2 albums in my head), the song I Thank You Child is one of my favorite tracks from it. Great singing there...

I listened to the studio ver of In This River, ok, I give in, I agree if it would have been sung like he could back in the day it would have been better. All good though, still love it [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That song has the worst video ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X