WTF? Finding a band....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF? Finding a band....

I've been looking for a band to play some good old thrash metal, but apparently, here in Ft. Pierce FL... no chance.
    I'm going insane here....... I've even looked at some online musician finders, lol..... [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: WTF? Finding a band....

Be patient, and more resourceful...it took me almost a year to get where I am now with our band. I put ads in local music shops, all classified ads, online places etc...Go to places and check out other bands,...network...see if they know anyone. If you are serious, don't give up. Good luck bro.

Comment

Try going to local metal shows and networking there. That's how I started getting involved with other bands.

Comment

Agreed. Get in with other locals and play what they play, and you'll probably find they're just playing it to stay current and get gigs, but they really want to do the older stuff like you want (i.e. not Gnu-Metal and 7-string radio "metal", if that's what you mean).

Or find some high-schoolers who like the older stuff and are just starting out with a band. It's a PITA to know everything they have yet to learn, but if they're already heading that way, it's a bit easier than changing an older player's path.

If you're not terribly desperate to do live gigs, start an internet band where you pass tracks back and forth online and record them.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've been having the same problem here. I used to be in a couple bands and looking to get some people together and having no luck. It's tough!!
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not so out there on the scene these days, I'm not much into the screamo crap..... that kinda screws me I think, and i'm really not happy with having to teach people shit....been there done that. I guess it just boils down to the fact that I have yet to find a good singer...

Comment

Working...
            X