Our bands first gig (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Our bands first gig (pics)

Jerrrrrrriiiii!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Congrats, sister!! Most excellent! Congrats on your first gig! Here is to many more! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

-Emmy

Comment

Cool pics... where are the amps??

Comment

Cool shit, Jeri! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] You and your RR1 look shit-hot on stage! You go girl!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

what songs did you play?

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]Kick Ass! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

looks like good times! Congratulations....
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                ...and I noticed once the music started, I forgot there was a crowd...

[/ QUOTE ]

For some bands, once the music starts, there really no longer is a crowd!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I love playing live!! And I'm guilty of loving a crowd too. My band hasn't played live in just over two months and I'm going nuts!! The 10 seconds I get to play onstage for the crowd as a guitar tech just doesn't cut it... However, it is the only chance I've ever had to play in front of 40,000 people...

Welcome to the world of "gigging musicians"!! Does your band have any more shows lined up? From my experience after about three or four live shows you will notice a DRASTIC improvement in your bands live performance.

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am the complete opposite. I hate playing live. I hate the crowd and I hate compliments even more. The only thing that matters to me is how good we sound and how good we play. I would rather sound perfect for nobody than sound decent for a packed club. The only part of the crowd that I ever had an interest in was the hot female part.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  iv'e never seen a Suffocation shirt tucked in before.

that's an amazing look you have going there.

looks like you had fun indeed!! rock on!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like somebody needs an avatar change. May I suggest one of the following -

Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Ok, it started out as a strange night..didn't end much better, but I had fun so WTF..I learned our singer cannot do his job when drunk and if our singer is off, our drummer is goofy too...we all had our faults, but mostly it was fun. This is the very first time I have ever played live...and I noticed once the music started, I forgot there was a crowd...
                    Hope you enjoy the pics...

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    BTW, the white one is the RR1 and the black one is the RR5...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats an important lesson to learn. If any of my bandmates are drunk at a live show and fukkin up I punch them out. It works pretty good. Especially if you punch them square in the face. I actually had a couple of "F" Troop brawls right on stage during a gig. Makes for great fun and gets the crowd really talking about the show afterwards. Actually, you are playing quite the weapon with that RR1. A couple of quick jabs would have straightened up his drunk ass quick.
                    Live band motto to live by:
                    If you drink.. you stink.
                    Another one is "Smiling gets the Trim" but since your a chick, it doesn't apply. Thanks for the cool pics. The dual Rhoads on stage look excellent.

Comment

Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] and setlist please.
                      "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Very cool...congratulations. There is no rush quite as cool as playing live. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome Jeri, Congrats!!!!
                          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Congrats Jeri!!

Hope you had an awesome time.

I personally like to have a beer, and half a doobie before playing. It relaxes me, and makes me smoother! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Thanks for the comments gang ('cept the wardrobe ones [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
                              This was our first gig, and I can see how it would be addicting for sure.
                              Hunter1970- Yep see you Friday. How much are tickets? Can we get them at the door?
                              Ace-We don't have any more shows lined up yet, we just kind of fell into this one. I hope we do more soon.
                              Bill-Thanks man..damn right it's fun!!
                              Em-Wish you could have been there!!
                              jgcable-the amps are on the far left in the bottom pics..we both use Crates
                              TEKKY- Thanks... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                              ElChiguete/mwm70- we play all originals but the songs we played were
                              Cellblock Delusions
                              Dark Orders
                              Death Messiah
                              Pages are Bleeding
                              Get in Your Grave
                              Crusader Memories
                              Genetic Flashback
                              Lost in Darkness

I have no problem with having a couple of drinks before the show..I had about 6 myself. But Raul (singer) was so drunk he first forgot words...then lines...then whole verses. He almost got in a fight...it was just too much.

But the important thing is it was FUN!! I had a blast, I am ready to do it again for sure!!

Comment

Working...
                              X