Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meteor strike caught on film

Real or fake? I, myself, am extremely skeptical. Meteor Strike
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Re: Meteor strike caught on film

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I don't know. Looks cool as hell, but something tells me it's fake. I'd think a meteor of that size would do a lot more damage to those up close and personal. I don't think those guys would be standing after that, but like I said, I don't know.

Comment

Looks fake to me.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

As cool as it looks,it's cgi ,you can tell mainly by the timing,notice how fast it speeds up once it gets close to the ground. Nice try though,hats off to the efx guys that put it together!

Comment

those guys would be toast. it's fake
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

It's fake. If it were real, it would be traveling well past the speed of sound, so you wouldn't hear it till it hit. You can hear that one before it hits. Still a good visual effect.

Matt

Comment

I think that's a truck commercial.

Comment

Yeah looks like one of those Toyota "indestructable" truck commercials. Like the one where the pissed of ex tries to roll her guys truck down the side of a moutain, but it lands on all fours wihtout a scratch, or the monster truck jam one.
                Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

hahahhaa..that was awesome, nevertheless.

those toyota commercials rock.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Yeah looks like one of those Toyota "indestructable" truck commercials. Like the one where the pissed of ex tries to roll her guys truck down the side of a moutain, but it lands on all fours wihtout a scratch, or the monster truck jam one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like? It is. I just saw it watching the game. Yeah, anyone nearby would be dead.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

A meteor travels through earth's atmosphere at 7 miles per second,at that angle it would have barely been visible that long,more than likely you would hear it and see the impact plume before anything....
                      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Its a truck comercial just saw it a few minutes ago.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would explain how I've missed it. Toyota commercial? I change the channel and look for commercials featuring "real" trucks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
                          X