Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else a shooter? Concealed carrier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else a shooter? Concealed carrier?

Just picked up a new Kimber Ultra II Raptor. Having a few feeding issues with it, but it will break in eventually. Top to Bottom: Sig 229 in .40 Kimber in .45 Kahr PM9 in 9mm.

Lets see pics of your hardware! (at least, the legal ones....)

Shawn

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: Anyone else a shooter? Concealed carrier?

A shooter? Hell yeah! Here's my stuff. I like a good 3 or 6cc syringe. 22G1.5 needles to dump it right into the vein...

What? Oh, dude, so sorry. You mean shooting like in "guns." Boy is my face red.

-Mark

Comment

I need to update my photos (can't find em!)

But I got a 2005 US Military Academy Colt 1911 (full size stainless - I think it's really a Colt1991) custom engraving. No special features, but it was built through the custom shop so it's supposedly hand fitted to higher specs. Kind of afraid to shoot it as it has sentimental value.
      -edit - pic lifted from gunbroker -

My bro just graduated from the USMA and got the engraved peacemaker. Won't be here until December.

My favorite shooters are a 10 shot S&W .22 revolver with a 6 inch barrel in matte blue or my parkerized Colt 1991 (slight custom - trigger, sear, hammer, beavertail, polished up inside).
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Nice one Markus,

Unless those are for insulin, I don't recommend mixing these shooters [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

U damn right I'am [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          The only problem is I sold my pre-ban right before the pre-ban went out. List next
          H&K 91 Fully loaded
          H&K SP-89 9mm
          2-Colt SP-1
          Colt AR-15 223-not pre-ban
          Olympic Arms AR-15-retractable butt stock,flash suppressor,bayonet lug
          2-Norincon AK-47 223 All pre-ban
          Mini-14 Paratrooper
          10,000 Rounds of Armor percing Rounds-(Lake City)-Green Tips
          500 Rounds of Tracers-308,223 each Black Tips
          2000 Rounds of 223 Wolf Ammo-Junk
          5000 Rounds of 223 Practice rounds-Ball Ammo
          2000 Rounds of 9mm,40 Cal,308 Practice Rounds-Ball Ammo
          Now all I have is a SIG 40 Cal.
          But was at the gun store looking at a
          Colt M-4,Spas (Franchi),H-bar,Norinco 223,M-14 and the gun
          of all guns a Barrett 50 Cal 5-shot single action.
          But Now I have the Pre-Ban fever and it is kicking hard [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          Nice handles by the way-Just tried out my friends S&W 500 Mag at the range today-God what a Mother

Comment

I have several really cool pellet guns. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

John be careful, mom says you could shoot yer eye out with one of those.

Terrorizing all the vermin of CT are we?

Some of those air guns can get over 1000fps - and expensive too!

Shawn - those Kimbers really are awesome. They truly are state of the art as for manufacturing and quality control - I can't think of a better production pistol out there. Is the Ultra II Raptor custom? Or just a high end production - either way it's awesome!

Comment

I have one of those AK47 Pellet gun clones that the Chinese use to train their youth army. Its cool and REALLY powerful.

Comment

I sold my guns before I moved back here to NY (home of the Opressed), but I was the owner of a Kimber Classic Stainless and a Glock 19.
                  I have a Concealed Carry permit in Arizona and carried the Glock to work every night.

That's another thing I'm looking forward to doing once I'm back in Arizona, picking up another Glock.

Those are some nice guns, Shawn. I really like Sig's. I wish I could shoot them better than I can, which is why I'm a Glock man. It's all about the bore axis for me. I hardly ever shot the Kimber, but the Glock had several thousand rounds thru it. I was very comfortable with that gun.

Comment

I use a Sig SP2340. I also have the alternate barrel to shoot the .357 Sig round.....I love that round. I am a decent shot when I have been practicing. If someone tosses clay pigeons by hand, I can usually hit 4-6 out of 10 when I am on.

My pride and joy was my Ruger 7mm Rem SA Ultra Mag MKII. Great sniper round. Very flat trajectory. No where to shoot it where I live. Sold it to a guy in West Virginia....a place that actually has mountains to stop a bullet.

Stay away from the Ruger P90 .45s. POS.Cant stand Beretta either. Well, after owning the Sig pro......I really dont like too much else.....except for a highly modded competition ready 1911 .45.-Lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Heh...I had a Ruger P89...I think....40 cal. It was ok. My first handgun...I didn't know any better!
                      I don't much care for the .40 cal round. I know it's a favorite for the cops, but to me it's a nasty shooting round. I'll take the 9mm or the .45 any day.
                      Never shot the .357 Sig, but I am interested in trying it.

Comment

No pics, but here's my list:

Winchester Model 13 Camp Defender in 12 Ga.
                        Beretta Model 92FS in 9mm (Sorry Lou, this piece ROCKS!!!)
                        Winchester Model 94 Legacy in .30-30 Win
                        Winchester Model 67 Bolt Action in .308 Win
                        Remington Model 522 in .22 LR
                        Mossberg (Don't know the model) in .22 LR

I want to pick up a handgun in .22 LR. I've been looking at the Ruger Mark III Hunter. It's just so damn expensive (especially for a .22).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          A shooter? Hell yeah! Here's my stuff. I like a good 3 or 6cc syringe. 22G1.5 needles to dump it right into the vein...

What? Oh, dude, so sorry. You mean shooting like in "guns." Boy is my face red.

-Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...Did you get those from Monte as well? When will they be up for sale? (couldnt resist)... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Shawn
                          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Shawn - those Kimbers really are awesome. They truly are state of the art as for manufacturing and quality control - I can't think of a better production pistol out there. Is the Ultra II Raptor custom? Or just a high end production - either way it's awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a custom shop piece. A custom shop piece that has had to go to the Gunsmith twice in 2 weeks...F*ckers...Sort of like a gibson, no?

Its a great gun,dead on balls accurate, but I am not sure if I am ever going to have enough confidence in it to carry it. A concealed carry gun has to be a battle and war gun, like a glock or Sig. They just shoot every damn time, dirty or not. The Kahr is a great gun as well, just approved for FBI carry. They have been around for quite some time, and this PM9 is an unbelievably small package that goes boom every time. The downside? The company is owned by the son of Son Yung Moon. Yes, the moonies.

Its a hell of a weapon though.

Shawn
                            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Heh...I had a Ruger P89...I think....40 cal. It was ok. My first handgun...I didn't know any better!
                              I don't much care for the .40 cal round. I know it's a favorite for the cops, but to me it's a nasty shooting round. I'll take the 9mm or the .45 any day.
                              Never shot the .357 Sig, but I am interested in trying it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck, the .40 is a great round. If you shot it through my Sig, you would change your mind. I like em all, except for the 10mm (like firing an anti-tank missile), and the .357 Sig (Like firing an anti-tank missile on one leg).

The new .45 gap is a great new round as well. Shorter casing, but hotter load. Same lead. It really is a great idea, and Gaston Glock wanted to get his name on a round like other boys (.357 SIG....40 Smith and Wesson...etc...).

For people with normal hands, the .45 gap makes it possible to own a glock in .45, and actually get your fingers all the way around the grip. It is definitely gonna catch on, unlike the 10mm, and to some degree, the .357 sig.

But your right, the .45 is the caddy of em all.

Shawn
                              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X