Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teaching guitar on a professional level

hey guys

ATM i've got quite a lot of free time, and i was thinking maybe i should give some guitar lessons. the thing is, most private teachers don't get quite a lot of money....more like 5-10 euro per hour or something. on the other hand, there's this professional music school in a near city, where i used to take guitar lessons, and i remember i had to pay like 80 euro per month (4 lessons per month, each one 45 minutes, so 3 hours in total). it's by no means a really big music school, it's more like the only one, you know [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i was thinking maybe i should go there and apply as a teacher....i don't want to be a cocky ass here, but i think nowadays i could AT LEAST hang with my former teacher....likely i could out-shred him, given the fact that he's more into jazz than into metal. furthermore, afaik theres no teacher who can show the students how to play metal guitar, or rock for that matter, all more blues or poprock oriented. another point is that most "musicians" in my area are like 16yo kids trying to play nirvana and limp bizkit....go figure.

well, basically, i figured i should at least give it a try. my question is, what should i do in order to prepare for this job, and how should i approach the school? any kinds of input would be helpful here, just share your experience.

thanks

Re: teaching guitar on a professional level

Soweit ich weiß, ist Gitarrenlehrer hier ein (Ausbildungs-?)Beruf für den du staatlich anerkannt sein musst. Rein theoretisch darfst du noch nichtmal privat lehren und Geld dafür nehmen... willkommen in Deutschland.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

das hör ich zum ersten mal....wahrscheinlich musste dafür auch studiert haben, wie? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

naja....kennstes ja, ich brauch halt geld um die ganzen spielereien zu finanzieren (5150, rectifier liegt mir immernoch inner nase, dann brauch ich noch MINDESTENS eine superstrat a la model 5/6 oder ibanez rg...geht alles ins geld), hab als schüler eh nix zu tun, bin scho a weng bekannt durch final breath halt, und wie gesagt, solange die nicht malmsteen beigebracht bekommen wollen langts allemal.....

jetzt stellt sich halt die frage: wen muss ich wählen damit das abgeschafft wird?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Alles was nicht ausdrücklich erlaubt ist, ist verboten. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Schau mal in so nen Studien/Ausbildungsführer rein, da müsste das drinstehen. Hab ich jedenfalls da gefunden, aber grad kein Bock das Scheißteil rauszukramen [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, what he said [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

you should teach guitar here in Holland.. the prices are insane.. the teacher I had started out cheap, but he raises his price every year. at the moment it's around 50 euro for 4 lessons, 20 minutes each lesson :/

can't really help you with advice and stuff, but good luck!
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

well, for those who can't speak german, basically what baum83 told me is that here in germany you need to get some kind of "license" (thats not what he said, but i'm to lazy to look up in the dictionary right now how to express it in english [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) in order to legally teach guitar....it's actually forbidden to give private guitar lessons. i didn't know that before....and somehow i can't believe it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i guess then i'll just give it a shot....just ask those guys (they are very humble and friendly there, all younger guys, around 30 max i think....) about it.....can't hurt, i guess

it's just that i could very well use the money, as our band (or better said, our drummer's band) doesn't pay us anything when playing live shows....but i've got to buy strings etc. anyways....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  well, for those who can't speak german, basically what baum83 told me is that here in germany you need to get some kind of "license" (thats not what he said, but i'm to lazy to look up in the dictionary right now how to express it in english [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) in order to legally teach guitar....it's actually forbidden to give private guitar lessons. i didn't know that before....and somehow i can't believe it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i guess then i'll just give it a shot....just ask those guys (they are very humble and friendly there, all younger guys, around 30 max i think....) about it.....can't hurt, i guess

it's just that i could very well use the money, as our band (or better said, our drummer's band) doesn't pay us anything when playing live shows....but i've got to buy strings etc. anyways....

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to discourage you. It's just that you can and will get fucked in the ass for everything you don't get a permit for in Germany. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

wow, do you guys need a permit to sell tubes? I suppose its for tax purposes..the state needs to know when you're making money and where it is or ism't going.

Comment

In my area (not me but the local shop/store)$20 bucks for 20 minutes. The young kids (any range from 9-16yrs old) parents pay this price. I wonder if this kids have heard of the internet yet.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                      X