$4.00 a gallon gas? HOLY CRAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $4.00 a gallon gas? HOLY CRAP!

I drive a Durango and I'm doomed! Now gas is over $3.00 for regular and the 'experts' are saying that it could go to $4.00 a gallon [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Yet, the profits for Exxon Mobile just keep going higher and higher. Makes sense..........right? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=XOM&...amp;q=l&c=

Current PPS: $59.64

1y Target Est: $68.46

Greedy bastids! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Re: $4.00 a gallon gas? HOLY CRAP!

OPEC are the real assholes. Try visiting Dubai and you'll see real money, and its all from oil............

Comment

Comment

yeah, i drive a cadillac deville and it's REALLY starting to suck putting gas in it. i don't know why we won't embargo middle east oil and try getting it from russia or somewhere else.

yeah Dubai is "off the hook". that place is so glorious it makes me sick.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

This is an 'oil shock' for sure. The lines at the pump are next, with rationing, followed by a recession. Wait and see!

Comment

Gas went up $.20 a gallon yesterday in two hours, at a couple of stations here in my town. Funny thing is, they didn't take any deliveries during that time frame. The real criminals are the Big OIL companies. Exxon/Mobil profits will be through the roof..Time for this government to step in and do something...oh wait, an oil man is in charge....

Bill

Comment

Blame it on the consumers. We continue to buy gas guzzling high priced mega horsepower machines at a staggering pace.
              Senator Joe Lieberman had a "have a cup of Joe with Joe" meeting this morning with many citizens and not one mention of fuel pricing was mentioned by anybody to him. He was actually surprised. Thats is part of the problem.
              Apparently, to most Americans, $4.00/gallon for gas is not a problem. They will still continue to buy 400HP cars and V10 trucks. I can buy an electric Honda or Toyota directly off of the lot but there is a waiting list for the Titan and that new large Honda truck. Same thing with Ford. There are 35mpg Focus's in stock but the Excursions are on a waiting list because they have so many orders for them. I could walk down any street in my town and find at least 1 Escalade.

Comment

I think the recent hike is because a few refineries (I think that's what they are) in the Gulf had to be closed down due to the hurricane. I totally agree though, I refuse to drive in NY. Gas is a bitch and we get raped on insurance. Gonna have to take that dive eventually, but for right now I'm happy with our transit system

Comment

If a barrel of oil costs $70 here, it costs $70 in Dubai, $70 in England,$70 in Venezuala..Etc....US Import taxes and Tarrifs are the real criminal. And , of course the big three Oil Companies. BUT, they could and would ease prices if the government didnt tax the shit out of them.

It's convenient how the government comes out looking rosy, freeing up "oil reserves", when the truth is, they are RAISING taxes on the companies producing the gas.

It's all a joke....

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Wait until this weekend. Gas stations always raise their greatest percentage on Friday nights.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Blame it on the consumers. We continue to buy gas guzzling high priced mega horsepower machines at a staggering pace.
                      Senator Joe Lieberman had a "have a cup of Joe with Joe" meeting this morning with many citizens and not one mention of fuel pricing was mentioned by anybody to him. He was actually surprised. Thats is part of the problem.
                      Apparently, to most Americans, $4.00/gallon for gas is not a problem. They will still continue to buy 400HP cars and V10 trucks. I can buy an electric Honda or Toyota directly off of the lot but there is a waiting list for the Titan and that new large Honda truck. Same thing with Ford. There are 35mpg Focus's in stock but the Excursions are on a waiting list because they have so many orders for them. I could walk down any street in my town and find at least 1 Escalade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Most of us can't live without driving everyday either (school, work, errands), so no matter what the price is we're gonna pay it. Kinda like our transit system too. $2 each way dosen't sound like a lot, but it used to be a lot cheaper, but no matter what too many people depend on it, so we will pay whatever it is to get to where we gotta go

Comment

Heh .. gotta love having those humvees now guys huh ...

I heard gas might go through the roof today and supply might be short so I filled up on my way just in case. It is outta hand now and time to do something .. I'm thinkin carpooling is going to have to happen for me soon ..
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yeah, but look at China's growth. They're the latest 'Big Gulp' when it comes to oil usage. It's staggering....

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to start carpooling myself. I've already discussed it with one guy who lives across town. We all have to pitch in someway, somehow...

Comment

Heh...suddenly my Toyota P/U is worth a whole lot more...bring on them high prices!!

Comment

Working...
                              X