electric drums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric drums?

I'm looking at getting a electric drum set. I know exactly zip about these. I'm looking to spend less then $1K and I don't need anything too special as it's just to jam on at home. Can you guys guide me towards something?
    Thanks in advance. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: electric drums?

I have a Yamaha DTXPress III that I'm selling though (too far away from you though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) and it's great bang for the buck. Try one of these, or a Roland TD6 second hand, or a new TD3 with maybe another mesh head if you need a 5 pieces.

Comment

I got my initial setup for $1k. Roland TD drum brain (do not get the Alesis brain - it sucks ass) and the Hart Dynamics mesh pads.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Donovan, im in the exact same boat as you. Limited budget, and want something decent to jam on.

I cant find ANYTHING decent udner 1k that I would WANT to play. Hart Prodogoes and there small 8" pads dont excite me, and I want a standard 8" kit. Soooo... Im building my own, with som ehelp of the MANY online pages. I just bought 2 12" toms that im converting, bought a roland rack, and a Roland TD-3. I'll need to buy some cymbals and a hi-hat controller, but I figure I can build the whole kit for 700$ and have a kick ass 5 piece kit with nice big 12" mesh heads, a nice quality frame, and decent cymbals.

Otherwise, go on Ebay, and try to find some decent Pintech, HArt Dynamics, Roland Gear, lotsa stuff on Ebay, and its MUCH cheaper to buy used, these things are DAMN pricey new!

Comment

Working...
        X