Any Stamp Collectors here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Stamp Collectors here??

<font color="yellow">Does anybody collect stamps here on the board [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I inhereted 2 good sized 3-ring binder's full of stamps, mostly from the early 1900's to about mid 40's....from all different countries and many USA postage stamps.

I actually forgot about them till just a few days ago, and dug them out today.

How/Where do you find out about stamp values??

We found a couple on e-bay that were in the $50-$200ish range on e-bay that I have....but many didn't match up.

Help [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] </font>

Re: Any Stamp Collectors here??

coins...I have lots of old silver and coins in genral...no stamps tho.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Antiques Roadshow
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

At some book superstores (like Barnes And Noble - stores that specializing in selling books / magazines) they have yearly price guides that specialize in coins or stamps or whatever. To get top dollar you really have probably find a trading type-website or a stamp collectors association or something like that. Even then you need ot find the collectors that are really into the whole thing, otherwise you're going to never get anywhere near the value listed in the magazines.

Comment

I just wanna get rid of them....if I could get a buck for each one, I would be happy.....

Comment

Go to an appraiser. Your insurance company should be able to point you to one if you can't find one on your own.

Comment

I don't think I would pass them off at a buck a piece, you may have a few that are worth a few hundred alone, but it's a pain to search.

Basically what you have to ask yourself, how much work are you willing to getting the money?

Comment

Working...
              X