online guitar lessons....???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online guitar lessons....???

I noticed that Chris Broderick offers online guitar lessons..all you need is an AIM account, and a webcam. oh yeah...a guitar too.

I'm considering trying this out. HAs anyone had any experience with this?

My chops have gone to shit ever since I becasme the "official keyboard player" of my band. And I'm wholly unsatisfied with my guitar playign as of late.

Re: online guitar lessons....???

I used to give "email" lessons to people. It was basically a group of people who subscribed to me (free) to send them a whenever I feel like email (basically 2-3 times per week) of thoughts, and theory approaches as I learned.

I basically was being a pen pal and being a music buddy to people.

Comment

hmmm I'm hoping chris isn't like that.

does anyone know of any other guitarists that offer lessons online?

I just want someone to takea gander at my fretting and picking techniques and get me on the right road to more accurate lead playing. I"m sloppy right now..lots of string noise and what not.

I don't hink an e-mail correspondence is at all what I have in mind.

I will probably just go with Chris Broderick..though he's a busy man and so am I so I doubt we'll be able to find a time that will work consistantly.

Comment

Who was here that was writing a weekly instructional thing with tab etc.. for about three weeks and quit? haha..

Comment

Wow, I nearly forgot about those. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was actually looking forward to some of Pete's trem tricks explained. I can't use the friggin' bar to save my life. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah the dude put up a tab that really impressed me as far as a cool thing to learn and was explaining a lot of basic theory that was really helpful to me. Since i'm guitarded and play by ear...

Can't remember who it was though...

Comment

I never posted anything like that here, but liek I said, I did it by email.

Comment

Yeah, you said that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

You can follow weekly free lessons with tab/video etc. at Riff Interactive and order cd's of archived lessons.
                    [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X